PHH lower tube bolt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.transpacificdist.com
I'm starting the PHH bypass process but I can't seem to figure out where the bottom bolt is for the tube. I don't want to mess up the AC line that's close by, so I would rather not tear it off if I can unbolt it. Anybody have an idea of exactly where it is, how far up the tube it is?

Thank you

It's down there a ways. Need a long open wrench IIRC. Thinks its a pretty blind to see bolt, just find by feel.

It helps to remove the valve cover, but by no means absolutely necessary. Agree with @retrofive ... need a long open/box/gear wrench and feel your way on to it. My bolt was on so tight I had to use a 3lb sledge hammer to whack the wrench to break it loose.

Get a board or something to put across the valve cover and supported by both fenders. Something you can lay on. Then you can reach the bolt and get a gear wrench on it. Use a picture of the tube for reference.

I used a small ratcheting wrench and came up from the bottom. I couldn't get it from the top. You can reach up and feel it about 4 inches up on the passenger side of the tube. One of the combination Gearwrench-type wrenches from Autozone. The lip offsets it enough to turn it over the tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom