PHH and other hoses near the firewall (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is this the PHH? Also is a drawing of other hoses near the firewall. I'm in the process of replacing them and I got this drawing from the stealer.
1.jpg

Doug got me researching on the heater hoses. Doesn't the PHH come off the block?

PHH is the one in blue.

Cruiserhead05, you had it right in blue.

The metal pipe you see in the pic attached to the PHH is the one some of us remove.
:beer:

The hose in circled black is on the exhaust side of the engine bay.

Cruiserhead05 said:
Are you sure thats a 1fz pictured?

I'm not sure. I was doubting that but I did ask for a 97 Land Cruiser.

The one u circled in black is not PHH, but the blue one should be the right one :)

Credit to Slee for the pic

The one circled in blue in your pic

tz_hea2.jpg

So there you go folks about 6 hoses total pic and part #'s

PHH (1 hose) then 5 other misc. hoses (3 straight, 1 U, and 1 90 degree hose) near the firewall

The u shaped piece pictured is metal pipe, not likely to need replacing.

Yup thats the one! BTW, you can get a long section of Toyota OEM heater hose and chop it down to the sizes needed for all the larger sized sections, then goto NAPA and get some Gates 1/2 heater hose for hte smaller sized sections. I recently replaced ALL those hoses and all the factory hose clamps with stainless steel nonperforated highperformance Gems sourced from McMaster. HTH. :cheers:

Rich said:
The u shaped piece pictured is metal pipe, not likely to need replacing.

oops! Thanks - it is metal

My '97 has seven hoses plus the PHH...go count them. Don't forget the two little ones behind the EGR modulator...they are easy to miss.

tarbe said:
My '97 has seven hoses plus the PHH...go count them. Don't forget the two little ones behind the EGR modulator...they are easy to miss.

Yes, and a PITA to get to without the head off. While yer workin there replace those factory clamps to something simple to reach with either a nut driver or screw driver; its hard as hell to get to those factory clamps with a pliers after the head's there. HTH. :cheers:

turbocruiser said:
Yup thats the one! BTW, you can get a long section of Toyota OEM heater hose and chop it down to the sizes needed for all the larger sized sections, then goto NAPA and get some Gates 1/2 heater hose for hte smaller sized sections. I recently replaced ALL those hoses and all the factory hose clamps with stainless steel nonperforated highperformance Gems sourced from McMaster. HTH. :cheers:

TC:

So you're replacing the preformed hoses (with 90 and 180 degree bends) with straight OEM and Gates hoses? That seems a little loose for you... but it's been okay?

:beer:
Rookie2

On or connected to the components in that picture are no less than 9 heater hoses, not including the box in the lower left. There are two short sections from the firewall not shown - one under the heater hose, one on the passenger side of the firewall that connects to the bottom leg of the metal 'T' near the top of the picture's center. I seem to recall something like 15 total when I replaced all the cooling system hoses a few years ago.

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom