Pfran Screw Type Boot Clamp Alternative (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got my CV reboot/repack all buttoned up except for the clamps. As we all know the clamps Toyota gives us in the reboot kit are not without problems. Since many have had good results with pfran's clamps I ordered a set 6 days ago and I have yet to hear if they have shipped. I messaged him yesterday and have not heard back. The status of my order on his website is "awaiting fulfillment" If I don't hear back soon I might go another route. Do these look like a good option to anyone?

CV Axle Boot Repair Clamp Kit for Toyota Land Cruiser Set of 8 Clamps 4x4 4WD | eBay

From what I can tell they are identical to the pfran clamp and delivery is guaranteed in 8 days.

If you install the factory clamps correctly I dont see any downsides. Personally I wouldnt use a wormgear type clamp on a new boot install- only maybe for a get home fix and not a long term solution.

You can find crimp type clamps at NAPA for $2 ea and they are the correct width for the boot groove.
Part#CVB 686-5833

I’ve used both without problems. I like worm gear for ease of use though. I’d go with NAPA as a fix and replace or keep the others a spares for next time.

I’m on the OEM clamps for a year now with no problems.

I've successfully used the same clamps pfran sells on re-boot jobs and see no reason not to do so on a lifted truck where I'd in the past fixed leaking factory clamps to preserve the joint.

Nothing wrong with the OEM but I for one prefer the pfran worm drives all the time.

You can order clamps through McMaster Carr. I can't recall the exact name, but you want the band to have a rounded edge.

I've got my CV reboot/repack all buttoned up except for the clamps. As we all know the clamps Toyota gives us in the reboot kit are not without problems. Since many have had good results with pfran's clamps I ordered a set 6 days ago and I have yet to hear if they have shipped. I messaged him yesterday and have not heard back. The status of my order on his website is "awaiting fulfillment" If I don't hear back soon I might go another route. Do these look like a good option to anyone?

CV Axle Boot Repair Clamp Kit for Toyota Land Cruiser Set of 8 Clamps 4x4 4WD | eBay

From what I can tell they are identical to the pfran clamp and delivery is guaranteed in 8 days.
Did you ever hear back or receive your shipment. I ordered his LEDs 2 weeks ago and still nothing. Tracking says they're still awaiting item. I can't reach him either. Is something up with him or his online store perhaps?

I could use 2 of the small end pfran/mcmaster carr rounded boot clamps. Anyone have any laying around?

It took about 10 days for me to get my pfran clamps, ordered beginning of January.

I could use 2 of the small end pfran/mcmaster carr rounded boot clamps. Anyone have any laying around?

I have a few left over from my McMaster Carr order if anyone needs some. I'll have to check but I think I have several of the small and a couple large.

The clamps pictured in the ebay add look like the screws are plated steel, not stainless steel like the McMaster ones I bought. Not a deal breaker but if It were me I'd hold out for all stainless versions.

McMaster-Carr:
P/N 5574K25 Worm-Drive Clamps with Smooth Band for Soft Hose/Tube, 304 Stainless Steel, 4"- 4-3/4" Clamp ID Range, Packs of 5
P/N 5574K16 Worm-Drive Clamps with Smooth Band for Soft Hose/Tube, 304 Stainless Steel, 1"- 1-5/8" Clamp ID Range, Packs of 10

Last edited:
I used these as replacement for my PFAN lights after they died (2 years maybe ?). Maybe not quite as bright, but pretty good.

GrandviewTM Super White Energy-saving 5050 48-SMD LED Panel Dome Light Auto Car Interior Reading Plate Light Roof Ceiling Interior Wired Lamp +T10 BA9S Festoon Adapter-4PCS Amazon.com: GrandviewTM Super White Energy-saving 5050 48-SMD LED Panel Dome Light Auto Car Interior Reading Plate Light Roof Ceiling Interior Wired Lamp +T10 BA9S Festoon Adapter-4PCS: Automotive

I am happy with these also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom