Petronix igniter question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
I would like to swap out my points for a petronix igniter II. I have a 76 FJ40 with a 67 dist. There are the two petronix systems the one for the 75 and older is a no go I know but the other one states it is for 70-74. Would the 70-74 work with the 67 dist?

Thank you

This is a question for 65SWB45, Mark Algazy. You might PM him if you don't get an answer.

Ed

Yes. It's the early pertronix you want. The 70-74 also fits the 68 and earlier...

Pighead is correct. The 67 will work fine. I would also get the flame thrower coil with it.

Thank you gentlemen

more pertronix

Sorry for the repost/requestion but I am still confused whether the Pertronix setup will work with my rig. Here is a picture of my dist. Looking at that is it possible to determine whether a pertronix ignitor II will be applicable?
SATFEB26 001.jpg

thank you for the second shout out. The whole pertronix setup is expensive so I wanted to be sure.

Good day, having more Pertronix trouble. My Dist is the 67 in the above picture. When I attach the plate included in the Ignitor II kit to my Dist. Should the Pertronix plate be able to move or be a solid lock on the Dist Plate?

Thank you

Mine fits flat and solid on the dist plate...I think that's the way it should be.

Thank you

Dietoy said:
Good day, having more Pertronix trouble. My Dist is the 67 in the above picture. When I attach the plate included in the Ignitor II kit to my Dist. Should the Pertronix plate be able to move or be a solid lock on the Dist Plate?

Thank you

just be carefull when you screw the trigger to the plate, it dose not jam the breaker plate when vacuum is applied. mine did this and had to shorten those little tiny screws

I just came back from a run, I remembered this, lifted from Cardinal Fang's website. Might help, might not.

pertronix

(used completely without permission)

:D

Someone used my webpage again:cheers: :bounce: :bounce2:
PinHead says those two distirbutors are both retard distributors. I value Pinheads opinion a lot! He knows his stuff, but I just don't see those two as retards;p

cardinal fang said:
Someone used my webpage again:cheers: :bounce: :bounce2:
PinHead says those two distirbutors are both retard distributors. I value Pinheads opinion a lot! He knows his stuff, but I just don't see those two as retards;p

I do my best thinking when I'm not thinking, and I remembered looking at some of the mods you've done on your truck a year or two back, and remembered your pertronix writeup (the pics). Hope you don't mind.

n

The octane adjuster is clearly visible in that pic...means it's a '68/earlier vac advance distributor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom