Pet Barrier alternative... Janky, but works (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My son and I sleep in the back of the truck so a "pet barrier" was a little pricey and limited this as an option due to space.
I bought this piece of wire shelving for an attic rack, however I like having the headroom.

This design works with the second row in or out, and the lower portion can be easily secured, if you remove the second row seats

This design is far from great, however it is almost free, easily removable, and flexible

BONUS* When the shelf is down while at camp, I use 4 legs to make the wire shelf line up with the bed height and make a flat sleeping surface for the memory foam, perfect every time and fits exactly.
It can also be used as a huge lightweight table around camp, with longer legs if wanted

This WILL NOT stop a 3 ton floor-jack from flying in a rollover. However, It will keep almost everything in the back in most situations, and will hold up fine to a tip-over, or single roll I am sure. It is far from being structural so save the comments, It is better than nothing and may prevent a wrench, or bag, to the head

*The picture is during mock-up, The shelf is best BETWEEN the second row grab handles
Welding a bracket for the top to slide into place could also be done

Have fun! I am

20200502_170701.jpg

20200502_170051.jpg

Last edited:
Simple and Slick. Looks good too.

Hey I have straps, and a shelf sitting around... 🤔
I guess I now have a pet barrier. Never needed one but my new shepherd "has" to be with me when I drive. As in he thinks I need someone sitting on my lap while I drive. Trying to keep 65 lbs of furry unconditional love in the back while driving isn't the easiest thing I've ever done. This should work for the time being though. Thanks for the idea.

Where did you get it and what size shelf is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom