personal shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

not only a garage but also an off road test track.

not only a garage but also an off road test track.

and a subdivision where one of the covenants is "must own a land cruiser"

and a subdivision where one of the covenants is "must own a land cruiser"

I love it. Just like one of those communities for private pilots built around a private air strip.

Just to sweeten the pot I'll add that I'm interested in a storage/wrenching/man cave space. Sounds like we may be up to 5 or 6 folks interested and I may know of one other non-cruiser person to penny up. Could be getting closing to the affordable mark. I'd need storage for 2 plus a space to wrench. Have ya'll seen Petrol Lounge? We could make something like that but for old Yota's.

What do y'all think of this? A little small but there's parking. I don't know how many of us want to park our junk outside.

I’m in. I have a 69 Nova and a 100 series LC that both occasionally need love. My wife hates it when I destroy the garage.

Okay folks. Please DM me if you're still interested. I'm going now to look at the first facebook link I posted above (on Thursday). It's a warehouse in the back of a plumbing company's lot. $2500 for 1300 square feet plus outdoor parking. He says it's room for six vehicles inside.

@ghost2466 @BigHighBlue @a_traut_man @swhme

Last edited:
As I was hoping, the story is better than that. There’s space for outdoor parking for maybe 8-10 cars, and space inside for 5-6 or so, depending on size and Tetris ability.

the main shop is 24x 30 plus a spot in the back. There’s a workbench and storage shelves. Office, bathroom.

Nice little club house.

Last edited:

I ended up leaving my 100 in Albuquerque for now, so I can fly out and be in the mountains for a quick weekend getaway

They're building one of these right outside my neighborhood. I'm sure an owner will be leasing a space out eventually, but that doesn't help in the short term.

That's a pretty interesting business model. I wonder what it costs for a garage space.

I’d imagine around $150k-$200k for the bare shell. Then you have to build it out however you want.

I currently have a shop in Dripping Springs. It’s about 1000sq ft, I have a 10k lift and a lot of fab equipment/welders/CnC plasma table etc. I have an option to move to another shop that is about 1.5x the size but I’m on the lookout for someone that might want to share the monthly expense (approx $900/month) and be able to use the shop.
I don’t have a LC but I have a built 4runner SAS on Prorock 60s, among other toys ;)
I’ll add a photo for interest. Please pass the word around and send me a message if interested.
EA3AF570-237F-4B70-B574-C01AB018D73F.jpeg

Okay folks. Please DM me if you're still interested. I'm going now to look at the first facebook link I posted above (on Thursday). It's a warehouse in the back of a plumbing company's lot. $2500 for 1300 square feet plus outdoor parking. He says it's room for six vehicles inside.

@ghost2466 @BigHighBlue @a_traut_man @swhme
…tried to message but says your box is full

I currently have a shop in Dripping Springs. It’s about 1000sq ft, I have a 10k lift and a lot of fab equipment/welders/CnC plasma table etc. I have an option to move to another shop that is about 1.5x the size but I’m on the lookout for someone that might want to share the monthly expense (approx $900/month) and be able to use the shop.
I don’t have a LC but I have a built 4runner SAS on Prorock 60s, among other toys ;)
I’ll add a photo for interest. Please pass the word around and send me a message if interested.
View attachment 2764005

Love this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom