Personal protection equipment drive (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mauser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hey HDC!

Because of this viral outbreak our medical community cannot get the equipment they need to protect themselves while caring for the sick.

These are the folks we need to keep healthy!

I was wondering how you feel about a PPE drive to help protect the caregivers.

I am happy to pick up and deliver as needed.

Just a couple things really needed now are face masks and gowns.

The only thing I have to start with is a half box of bunny suits and a couple pair of safety glasses. I will call around to hospitals in Albuquerque to find where to take the stuff.

Anybody got anything to throw in?
MVIMG_20200323_082715.jpg

Last edited:
I only have 2 masks for me and my wife. Have a few disposable gloves. No gowns. We are using hand sanitizer when we are out in public. Wiping down shopping carts with store provided disinfectant . I am avoiding the big crowded stores now, just shopping local and small stores. Thanks for trying to help out the medical personnel . I should of seen this coming. I have said this would be the enemy of the future. Trillions of microbes that can mutate easily. I got lazy in retirement.
Once this dies down and stock is available, my advice is get a good supply on hand for the next round of Super Bugs, cause they are relentless.

Hopefully, our federal and state governments will be ready next time. We should not allow our small town hospitals to close, as they have been doing for years.
The USA can afford this for their citizens. Priorities need to change.

Wish I did. I saw an email from harbor freight the other day where they were donating all of their stock of masks and gloves to hospitals. Thought that was very cool.

My wife showed me that yesterday. It is awesome. That is the way Americans should be.
She works for Lovelace, but not in the Hospital. They really do need these things.

Your mention of Harbor Freight reminded me, I have these:
MVIMG_20200324_120239.jpg

I will give this set of new Harbor Freight Icon 1/2" drive metric sockets to the first person who drops a box of masks off at a local hospital.

MVIMG_20200324_120239.jpg

@Mauser well done, your civic mindedness is admirable!

@Mauser well done, your civic mindedness is admirable!

Thank you.

We need to help each other. The situation the world is in now is not our fault, but it is up to us to fix it. If everybody would join as one, our strength would be immeasurable.

Thank you.

We need to help each other. The situation the world is in now is not our fault, but it is up to us to fix it. If everybody would join as one, our strength would be immeasurable.
Thanks for your help. We can all do a little to help others. I am doing some combined shopping for a few older family members. This way only one of us are getting out of the house and mingling with the public. Also, by getting enough items that will last all of us for a while, none of us has to get out but once a week.
I am using gloves, hand sanitizer, and wiping down the shopping cart handles before and after I use it.. I toss the paper bags from the store. and of course , wash my hands after returning home.
If you can, find some way to help out someone during this tough time.

Even a can of beans can make a big difference. There are a lot of people out of work right now.

If for no other reason help others out of selfishness. Because it feels good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom