personal opinion on aftermarket carbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys, I just rebuilt the old Rochester b series that has been on my 67/40 for what is most likely most of its life. im still having issues with it, and to be honest I hate how none of the cables attach to it correctly. im not willing to pay what most of you mudders want for a functioning aisin carb ( sorry guys ha) so im considering just buying the weber 32/36 kit from TPI. looks like it will come out to just shy of 400 bones for everything I need. does the weber allow for the hookup of the factory choke and idle up cables correctly? does anyone here actually recommend keeping the Rochester? thanks.

If you can wait a month or so...

If you can wait a month or so...

im new in the cruiser game, so steer me in the right direction if im wrong. but my 67 is a single hole manifold 1F so this will not fit correct?

im new in the cruiser game, so steer me in the right direction if im wrong. but my 67 is a single hole manifold 1F so this will not fit correct?
My apologies, I missed that we were talking about a 1F.

I'm not too familiar with the 1F as my truck is a '78 so I will defer to an early truck expert to comment.

My apologies, I missed that we were talking about a 1F.

I'm not too familiar with the 1F as my truck is a '78 so I will defer to an early truck expert to comment.

wish I had known a lot more about 40s before I grabbed this one.
I just put a $300 @Trollhole on my truck and its never ran better.

already called him, said he didn't do carbs for my truck anymore.

Seriously get a trollhole and tune it and be done with it.

tried, called him and talked for a while. he said he didn't have big windows anymore. unless something random pops up.

I've heard more issues with webbers than stock.

On my old 2f, I had a 2 barrel Rochester on it. Once I squared away the plumbing(there is no fuel return on it), it ran pretty well and all the cables attached well. Do you have a picture of your setup?

The only reason I replaced it was because it was not smog legal in Calif at the time.

do we hear more issues with webers than stock because there are more webers than stock these days? or because they are trash set ups? for a sub par carb, there sure are a lot of people running them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom