Permanent FHH plug ideas. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I plugged the FHH with a Dorman plug about 8 mos ago, lately I've noticed the sweet coolant smell, and my reservoir level has been fluctuating. Temps have been fine. Long story short, my FHH plug has a minor leak. I've read that a 5/16 hose with a bolt in it is an option, are there any other more permanent options? Like JB weld? Any ideas?

Last edited:
What was wrong with just having the FHH doing its thing? Its pretty easy to change as i recall or am i missing something?

The thought process was less hoses and less connections means less leaks, but here I am. I'm in Florida and don't need coolant warming up the TB.

I hear you but having the hose in place with the proper hose clamps is going to be a fairly safe approach. Agreed that you gain nothing from having it there but equally you gain nothing from removing it.

Pics would be great to see your what/where to even guess.
Also, what led you to block the flow to the TB? Was it leaking? @ the TB or elsewhere?
Or are you chasing down another issue? (i.e. ping/knock, low power, ECU codes, temp flux, CEL, etc)

Don't have pictures now, I followed this thread when I was in baseline mode. There were no issues prior to bypassing the TB other than 25 year old rubber everywhere. There are no issues now other than the minimal coolant leak at the FHH plug, I can see pink rridue/crystals at the base of the nipple. No steam or temp surges. I'm just looking for a more permanent plug. I'm leaning towards JB Weld metal weld but not sure
if that's a dumb long term idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom