Period correct cargo boxes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I apologize for having to be the geek using the term "period correct", but does anyone remember what rooftop box options were like around 87 - 90? What else could you get besides those ugly Sears square boxes?

Is this Thule Alpine that old?

48655728_614.jpg

What about this Yakima Space Booster?

53079332_614.jpg

I have just what you need in my yard.....pics will follow ;)

feels maybe more late 70's(the rainbow stuff was in around then, (pre LBGT???)..........I think its a Sear's box.........don't ask why I drug it home but I was thinking of mounting it somehow in my fj45 pickup......

^^^and it has the same "Aerodynamic" shape of a 60!

Oh yeah, you're losing some MPG with that one. Nice. I think that silver Thule I posted seems like late 80s/early 90s, but maybe I'm wrong and it's more mid-late 90s?

This is older than late 80s, but if I ever saw one of these uhaul boxes, I would buy it for sure.

d4872ea4f7c3103b57f61ebaf542c3bf.jpg

not cargo boxes but OEM period correct roof racks

and will someone please make a rack like this!!!

87140663.jpg

87140647.jpg

87140615.jpg

87140607.jpg

87137933.jpg

87140671.jpg

87140677.jpg

Last edited:
not cargo boxes but OEM period correct roof racks

and will someone please make a rack like this!!!

Wow... ambulance doors and no plates but left hand drive and golden retrievers... where is this magical pinstriped place?

Some bannister rails from an old Super 8 and scraps of Pergo flooring should do it. Couple of rainbow stickers to top it off...all you need is a sweet set of tube socks and a terry cloth headband!

the white one may be one of my favorite 60's

I think those scans came from a world spec brochure

Wow... ambulance doors and no plates but left hand drive and golden retrievers... where is this magical pinstriped place?

Never had a rack on my 60 for one reason.....I just love OEM rack design.

Looks like I might not havery an excuse soon ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom