Perhaps this is a silly question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
But I'm wondering what hose or tube I should pour seafoam into for cleaning my carb. I put some in the gas, and I'm probably just imagining it, but it seems like it's already running better.

Look on the passenger side of the engine right up next to the firewall for the PCV valve. You want to pull the vacuum hose off the top of the PCV and stick it in a cup of seafoam. I think this is the best place to use seafoam. It sucks it right into the intake manifold and it will stall.. Get the engine nice and hot first.

I have always done seafoam right down the carb itself. nice clouds of white smoke everywhere! If you rev it while doing this you can keep it from stalling, blow out a ton of deposits. I like to do this then flood it so it does die. let it sit for 10min or so then fire 'em back up. Not always a huge diff, but the first couple times it definately seemed to help. a bit more power, with a bit quicker delivery. Or maybe i just inhaled to many seafoam fumes...

hth

rob

missyc said:
do you guys really do that????

Really do what? use seafoam? Yes.. It does a great job of cleaning out the carbon buildup. I like using through the PCV valve since the opening in the intake manifold seems to get clogged with carbon buildup if you have tired rings. If it get clogged, you loose vacuum to your PCV valve which could cause oil to get in oil cleaner..which causing oil to get sucked in to the smog pump..which causing smog pump to go out...which happened to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom