Perfect running new '76 2F just died, and I can't get it running again. (SOLVED) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Key on is Kryptonite to Pertronix.

Well it is finally running again. I had 2 Pertronix 1662LS units that were bad. One I no doubt burned up myself when I left the key on. Coil is still good. I put the points in again as the first time I did it would not start. I must have done something wrong or whatever, because the second time I installed them I went very slow and double checked everything. Started right up and only a small adjustment on the timing was necessary. SO I am back to points. The Pertronix was nice when it worked but they fail too soon and then you are stuck. Anyway the good weather is here now so the top comes off today and the miles will start to get put on. Thanks to everyone that suggested answers and help here. Couldn't have done it without you.

Key on is Kryptonite to Pertronix.
Is that the case for the flamethrower 2 as well? Are the flamethrower and the flamethrower 2 interchangeable? They have different resistance values 1.5 vs 0.6ohms.
I am running the flamethrower on a 1662 kit, but having the coil get smoked if the ignition is on is not ideal.

In my case it wasn't the coil that burned up it was the actual Pertronix module in the distributor. 1662LS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom