Perfect fit seat covers - look great (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If I can figure out how to post pictures. Just have to recommend a company called GT COVERS seat covers. They are sown together with cordura nylon (ENDURA WATERPROOF) material (dark gray color to match the interior). Took about a month to get done shipped, and they were less than $200. 30 minutes to install. Look fantastic!!

They have several kinds of materials you can pick. My truck is a 1994 FZJ80

Highly recommended.

Custom Fit Car Seat Covers and Truck Seat Covers - Exact Fit Guarantee | GT Covers™

They look pretty similar to the sets I bought from Exact Seat Covers (Exact Seat Covers | Custom Fit Car Covers, Truck Covers, Van Covers, Waterproof Covers, Neoprene Covers)

Mine are made from endura nylon too, but I don't know about the claim that endura = waterproof. I have backpacks made out of the stuff, and they are most definitely NOT waterproof or even water resistant.

Here are some pics:

http://i.imgur.com/hnhwW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/McHmj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/p1FhY.jpg

They sell their kits on eBay sometimes for less than they list on their website, but they generally only have one on there (either the front or middle, I can't remember). I ordered one through eBay and the other through their website, saved me 20-30 bucks or so, IIRC.

In the front, the headrest and seat bottoms can be made to fit somewhat snugly, but the seat back is a little loose at the bottom where you velcro it. I feel like they should have made the velcro area much larger so you could snug it down to preference.

Also, when fixing the seat bottom, there are two straps that use buckles (like on backpack straps) that run longitudinal with the length of the vehicle, and there's another strap using velcro that runs transverse. For the longitudinal straps, no problem, you just pull the loose ends rearward and tighten to your heart's content. The transverse straps are a big problem because they interfere with the motorized threaded rods under the seats. You can do your best to tighten that strap, but as soon as someone adjusts the seat, it'll pop free. I guess this is by design so the seat motion doesn't tear the seat cover apart, but I just wish there was a better way to run the transverse strap so this isn't even an issue.

AndrewINF - yes those are the same covers. I am happy with mine.

If I can figure out how to post pictures. Just have to recommend a company called GT COVERS seat covers. They are sown together with cordura nylon (ENDURA WATERPROOF) material (dark gray color to match the interior). Took about a month to get done shipped, and they were less than $200. 30 minutes to install. Look fantastic!!

They have several kinds of materials you can pick. My truck is a 1994 FZJ80

Highly recommended.

Custom Fit Car Seat Covers and Truck Seat Covers - Exact Fit Guarantee | GT Covers™

I was on their site, what is the difference between Neoprene and Endura besides $50 a set? Also on the Exact Seat Cover website, are their prices per seat or per set? If its per set its way cheaper, if its per seat they they are about the same except for color choices. Kinda like the camo.

Dimiscus said:
I was on their site, what is the difference between Neoprene and Endura besides $50 a set? Also on the Exact Seat Cover website, are their prices per seat or per set? If its per set its way cheaper, if its per seat they they are about the same except for color choices. Kinda like the camo.
Neoprene covers would be made of neoprene material (think wet suit), while the Endura is a cordura nylon type material. Two very different kind of material.

the Exact Seat Covers site sells them by the pair, I had that question too.

I got front and middle row covers for $200something total. Figured I'd need em transporting the dog around. He loves em, and I'm not worried about the leather getting scratched up.

any pictures of the backs of the front seats? How about the middle and rear? Do these cover the backs of those as well?

I think I might spring for the leather ones from gtcovers. There are two colors for the tan and not sure which ones would match my current tan interior on my 96.

I think I might spring for the leather ones from gtcovers. There are two colors for the tan and not sure which ones would match my current tan interior on my 96.

I dunno, If you are getting the front row and second row seats, you are more than 2/3 of the way to the custom Leather kits from Shane (AATLAS1X on 'mud) of Metric TLC. They are a proven product, though it might be a little more work to install. You can get semi-custom colors too, like the dark brown seen towards the end of that thread.

for anyone considering neoprene covers, they are susceptable to dirt and stains and tear somewhat easily. i had them in my fj40 to protect the seats (they did a great job and keeping the seat dry, but the water pooled in the seat cover and takes a long time to dry, so you butt gets wet),

I need a set of those for my 100, my lab is dropping hair like crazy and my girl wont ride in it anymore unless she details her side......LOL,

Exact seat cover is priced per set. $180 or $190. Forget what I paid but I like them a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom