perfect chev 350 with adapter for FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have installed a chev 350 in my 71 fj40...i plan to use the truck everyday for work and the 350 is WAY more than i need. it has about 20 hours on it and is just breaking in. extremely powerful (about 300hp) i'd like to sell or trade the engine for a 3B and a 5-spd trans. heres the engine specs...
from a '69 C10. 4 bolt mains, steel crank. bored over 030 with 10:1 compression (runs fine on reg gas) new EVERYTHING...gaskets, rings, bearings oil and gas pumps, rochester 4bbl, electronic ignition, headers (to fit in a 40), exhaust collectors, bellhousing and adapter ready to bolt to your transmission. closest thing to a 350 drop-in you'll find. $1500 (cdn) for the works. located in white rock bc (about 15 miles from bellingham washington) call 604 541 5411 or reply to smitchell@sd35.bc.ca

I don't have a buyer for you but I have a question: I have the same set up - what did you use for the oil pressure sender to the gauge - an adapter or resistors? If an adapter where did you get it?

This post is over 3 years old and the OP only has 9 posts to his credit. Chances are he doesn't frequent MUD anymore. He hasn't logged on since March 7 2007.

Just a friendly heads up.

I don't know what everyone else has done, but I put a brass 1/8th inch 90 degree elbow on a short nipple and used the stock sender. Not sure what threads are on the stock sender, probably metric or BSP, but it is tapered and so it fit. No leaks after 10 years.

Hope this helps.

Ken

'81 FJ60/5.7 TBI/Nv4500/3:1 Low Range/4.56/ARB/35's:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom