Perfect 2F for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Really Good 2F for sale

I am preparing to do a diesel swap into my 60. Right now She has a perfect running rebuilt 2F engine with just over 11,000 miles on it. Does not burn oil, starts and idles great, pulls good...well as a good as a 2f can - LOL! The carb and dissy were rebuilt with proper mods, new water pump, oil pump, and all internal parts. New Denso alt and starter, new power steering pump. All are included with engine.

Runs better than new! It is de-smogged, but I have all parts except air pump and rail. You can come drive it now before I remove it for the swap. I really want to sell it as a package to someone who needs to get their cruiser running properly. Because this engine runs really well. I have an H55 (Not for sale) with 3.70's and was getting 13 -15.5 mpg on average (hwy/town/dirt roads/trails).

I will out of town next week, but post or PM prior to next Tuesday to test drive.

With rebuild, carb and dissy work, alt, starter and PS pump, air pump pully kit, plus new AC compressor (forgot) I have well over $4,500.00 in it.

I was thinking $2,000.00 /OBO

I will also through in a used but working Cat Converter, 4 spare big Toyota (Black ones!) oil filters, spare hoses and belts, and used full stock exhaust system. I'm sure a few other things I'm forgetting.

Not in a big rush as I'm starting the swap in mid to late June.

Thanks,

Doug

Last edited:
Wanna sell the Air Cleaner you modded?

Don't need it, but that is a smokin deal. Someone will jump on this.

John

Spike,

Sorry, I'm keeping it for the swap. It appears it will work with diesel from measurements so far...But if does not work out, you've got it!

Doug

I've had a few pm's with questions on rebuild:
I am second owner of the 60. The original owner took very good care of her. Engine was rebilt at 146,000 miles because of bad oil rings smoke and oil consumption.

Rebuild:

Compression - Maybe a little more than stock - Runs on regular gas with no pinging at all
Cam - I found a NOS at Toyota dealer - Stock cam
Lifters - stock
Bore - +0.030
Crank - Polished only w new bearings
Block - Just lightly decked
Head - Lightly decked, stock valves and springs
Gaskets - Toyota (Including head gasket)
Internal parts and flywheel balanced by Engine Dynamics

There are no oil leaks on engine or PS pump

Doug
DSC03513.jpg
DSC03502.jpg

Last edited:
Ok - cool ... You going with a Toyota diesel or ... ?

Spike,

It's going to be an or?

...Isuzu! I was going to go Toyota, but too hard! Isuzu has good engine availability, parts availability and costs! Toyota has none of that, which equals Too Much$$$ and problems!

Hard to justify 8 - 15 grand for a used engine that's 10 - 20+ years old with unknown history that you can't get parts for at the local dealer or supplier. JMHO

I will post pics as it goes.

Doug

To the guy who emailed me to look at the engine and drive my 60 today, I deleted your post while emptying my mail box. Now no phone number to call you back.

Please resend.

Sorry,

Doug

Isuzu makes great motors. Good choice. Do I hear Duramax ?

I agree about the Toyo motors - great engines, but what a premium. Parts are available, but you'd have to mail order everything. Or vist the Church of Marv.

Keep us posted.

Isuzu makes great motors. Good choice. Do I hear Duramax ?

Oh no...I went 4 cyl. A little more power, more MPG!

I agree about the Toyo motors - great engines, but what a premium. Parts are available, but you'd have to mail order everything. Or vist the Church of Marv.

I have made many a donation to the Toyota Saint. But even if you want/willing to pay, some parts are getting hard or nearly impossible get.

Keep us posted.

I will.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom