Pereid Meteor Shower August 11th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The Pereid Meteor Shower will be at it's most active point next Tuesday around 9am looking northeast. I was thinking of driving up to Gorman / Frazier park area to view it for a few hrs after work.

Anyone interested in joining or making it an easy dirt road night run with views?

-Randy

9 a.m. after work????? just when do you work?

if the show is predicted to be a good one, I'll usually head out to the Ricardo Campground at Red Rock, it's a great place to view the event.

However, this year the moon will be gibbous waning, and will rise at about 9:30pm and set at 10:30 am, so the sky will be rather light pretty much all night long, not good for looking at meteor showers.

too bad.

What ?!? August 11th ! That's the night I do my gibbous waxing! :eek:

:D

Thinking of going Sat night with Phil Aaland's Sawmill run in Fraizer Park instead as it would be more convenient for the girlfriend.

Thinking of going Sat night with Phil Aaland's Sawmill run in Fraizer Park instead as it would be more convenient for the girlfriend.

Details?

Phil Aaland's sawmill run:
He said to meet at the flying J in fraizer Park at 7pm. From there we will all take the 138 / quail lake road over to the dirt road called sawmill road. A 2wd pickup could make the run. We will offroad it at night and end up at the bar in lake hughes, it's covered in stone but I forget the name.

Calico,
What type of camping did you have in mind?

I believe it will be better between 2-4 a.m.This is when the earth will be pointed directly at it. Mike

I believe it will be better between 2-4 a.m.This is when the earth will be pointed directly at it. Mike

I got my information from the web so I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom