SOLD Peoria, AZ: 1992 FZJ75 Land Cruiser Troopy - LHD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
White
1992 FZJ75 Toyota Land Cruiser Troopy.

Build Date: January 1992 (model year 1992)
Model: FZJ75LV-MRUV
Chassis Number: FZJ75-0001571
Engine: 1FZ-F (carbureted)
Color: White (045)
Trans: H150F (5-speed)
Axle: K082 (4.11 gear ratio)

As imported from Oman. Honestly, if the seat covers and dash pad don’t seal the deal I’m not sure what your problem is. ;)

1FZ-F Engine. 108k kilometers driven (speedometer/odometer is not working). No overheating. Starts right up the first time every time. Pulls strong on the road, even on the highway. Having driven my own 3F-powered Troopy for awhile now I’m pretty jealous of the power of this truck and the gearing in the transmission. Such a different drive.

Factory AC, no heat. AC lines have pressure but it is low. AC non-operational at this point. Blower does work and blows air.

Straight chassis with no signs of repair or rust. Undercarriage is well used but clean of rust.

Front seatbelts only, none in the rear. Driver’s seatbelt receiver is broken (ie. You can’t buckle up) and the rest are pretty soiled. The shoulder belts are manually adjustable, not retracting.

Front brakes need to be completely redone. They work, but the front left rotor is worn really thin on one side and it pull to the right when braking hard. I’d recommend a complete baseline repair including pads, rotors, and calipers.

I’ll be investigating the speedometer/odometer issue… whether it’s the cluster or the cable. I’ll update here once I’ve inspected it.

Only dent I found in the body is the front driver’s fender (I’ll give a photo of this). It has been repainted at some point, so bondo could be hiding somewhere. But I can’t find any obvious areas. Investing inside the body cavities (pics below) doesn’t show any signs of dents/damage that would have been bondo’d over.

The interior is quite dirty with fesh-fesh (search this term in the 70-series forum for a full understanding). Basically, any place that could collect dust has collected oodles of it and some of it is caked up.

Wheel wells and rockers are in good shape overall. The rear rockers behind the rear wheels do have surface rust where rocks chipped the finish. Rear passenger wheel well has one spot where rust may be eating into the metal.

Rear floor is in amazing condition compared to what I’m used to finding. Front driver’s side floor is quite solid with just a bit of rust up at the front near the firewall (typically a bad area). Front passenger side floor has more apparent rust up near the firewall. The “surprise” for me as I cleaned out the interior is how much rust there is under the middle floor mat. It’s quite crunchy/crusty here with some pretty extensive body cancer and two holes. All of this will be shared with photos below.

Rain gutters have splits in the seam sealer but no obvious signs of rust or bubbling. Window frame also appears solid with no obvious signs of rust or bubbling.

Wheels are the OEM 16” splits. The tires, Bridgestone Dueler H/T 205R16C, are old and need replaced. I’ve been driving around town with them while testing things out and getting a feel for the truck, but I wouldn’t keep them for long.

I’m happy to answer any questions. Shoot me a DM or call/text me at 480-408-2988

It has a clean Arizona title. It is located in Peoria, AZ (NW Phoenix metro area).

Asking $28,500 OBO.

(FWIW, I'm shamelessly copying the format @edmond4822 used for his listings... I admire his transparency and thoroughness)

Overall outside photos:
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

The floors with all chairs/mats removed:
031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

This is the bummer...
039.jpg

040.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

The rear makes up for it I guess.
044.jpg

This is really the worst of it in the back area... nothing a wire brush and some solid coating primer.
045.jpg

046.jpg

Some miscellaneous photos to round things out...

The front driver's fender dent and tweaked front bumper.
060.jpg

061.jpg

Under the hood... pretty typical for the brace to be separating from the hood.
062.jpg

The rear doors.
063.jpg

064.jpg

One of the wheels/tires.
065.jpg

Is it staying on mud?
I know he at least reads MUD... was familiar with my build thread. I don't know his username though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom