Pennsylvania/Delaware/Maryland chapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has there ever been a chapter in PA, De or MD? I live in Northern Delaware in 15 minutes I can be in pa, md or new jersey. I've had my 72 fj40 for about a year now and have been a tlca member for 6 months or so. I have seen a few cruisers around and know that there have got to be more in the area. I would love to have some fellow cruiser guys and ladies to bounce things off of and go out on the trails with. Just throwing this out there. If anyone has info on any clubs in this area let me know.

Thanks
Ron :bounce: :bounce:

You might try getting in touch with the Capital Land Cruiser Club in DC, or the Off Camber Crawlers, also in DC. They both include VA and MD in their memberships.
OCC is a general 4x4 club, and there were a couple of Cruiser owners with them when I lived there a few years back.
There was also talk of a Chesapeake Bay Cruiser club, but I don't know if that ever got off the ground.

You are correct. There are other Cruisers out in your area.
You might even decide to start your own club. Worked for us. :grinpimp:

NOthing other than what the others have pointed out.. I would however recommend going to an event (bigger one like the Coal Mine Cruiser Classic) and meeting people in your area first before attempting to start a chapter. If you do however want to pursue a chapter, I would be more than happy to assist you in that pursuit.. Also it might be best to start a "Virtual" chapter before a real meeting/paperwork/dues type of thing.. Also if you see the need in your area it would be as easy as notifying Woody of the Geographic location and starting a section here on mud and seeing if you can generate enough interest to get a chapter off the ground. Those are my words of muddy wisdom.. If you need anything please feel free to holler here on the board or my emails in the trails..
Under secretary..
Erik..

Thanks for all the info guys. I really appreciate it and I'm sure I will meet some more local guys. My cruiser wasn't quite ready for Coal Miner but it will be for the next time. Thanks again for the info.

I'm joining this one a little late but oh well...

My understanding is that there *used* to be a Harrisburg PA based club but it fell apart.
There are definitely people in the area but no real organization.
Personally, I hang with the Gotham guys and the Virginia Bay To Blue Ridge Cruisers folks.

I've met some of the capital cruiser guys and they are great people, but I've never done any club stuff with them.

Mainly the existing clubs are a little too far away to do much more than show up for trail rides (which is what I do)
What we really need is a spot (on Mud maybe?) or E-mail list so we can all easily chat about getting together. that's what we really need. (and then after a while it may become a club)
I wouldn't have the first idea how to get in touch with the *local* people I've met at rides. I'm horrible at getting an E-mail address when drinking a beer over a campfire :rolleyes:

(Wayne... are you the 55 guy that was *watching* Brian’s glowing keg at CMCC???)

Definitely come to the pig run though! even if you don't want to wheel it's great to ride with others!

Klunky Chris said:
What we really need is a spot (on Mud maybe?) or E-mail list so we can all easily chat about getting together. that's what we really need. (and then after a while it may become a club)

easy and free.......... ;)

[(Wayne... are you the 55 guy that was *watching* Brian’s glowing keg at CMCC???)]

that would be me, I think the keg was holding me up : )

anyway, one way to find all the PA/MD/DE people is to check with TLCA for registered members and their contact information, then contact them to set up an informal gathering, see where it goes, and use MUD (thanks woody!)

that would be GREAT!

I really could care less personally about a *club*, but I think it would be cool to organize the locals and have a little spot on the web we can all check :)

Wayne, how do we get that info from TLCA?

Brian, you wouldn't mind giving us a spot under 'clubhouse corner' even though we aren't a club? :)

need 2 things:

1> name.... ie: PA- Steelerz Cruiserz

2> moderator....ie: you ;)

both are easy to change down the road...moderation is a no brainer (hell, Chef has it figgered out) and setup is 5 minutes or less....once I start....lol

Huh? What'd I do?

LOL, Chef has it figured out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Woody,

Can you start it up?

Name I suggest is the Appalachian Land Cruiser Club of Pennsylvania, seeing as how we are eastern in the state, maybe the name will stick and people will be interested....

I will moderate if no one else volunteers ;p

Thanks for the time and space!

done

PA- Applachisweerisd,seriihusm, thingie....

(gotta have a base state, so there ya go...can tweak like the TAC crew later if you choose....)

Cool!

Thanks Woody!

now we need to get the word out... :D

Dang, My post got all dorked up didn't it? :) (Thanks Chef!)
I'll see if I can move this thread to your new section with my Mod powers..

Klunky Chris said:
I'm joining this one a little late but oh well...

My understanding is that there *used* to be a Harrisburg PA based club but it fell apart.

yeap, based out of lebanon.
story goes that there is still a bank account with some money in it, just waiting for a club to start up agian. but i think kennie probably emptied that by now......

club.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom