PelfreyBilt Front Bumper Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't do facebook. Can anybody tell me if the bumpers are aluminum and the weight?

The GXOR page is public so you don't need to be a registered FB user to view it. I'm not and I can view the link. Doesn't say whether it's steel or aluminum, but since it's a hybrid tube bumper, I'll bet the house it's steel and it's probably similar in weight to the other hybrid tube bumpers on Pelfrey's website (~100lbs).

I left it public for this very reason :)

The GXOR page is public so you don't need to be a registered FB user to view it. I'm not and I can view the link. Doesn't say whether it's steel or aluminum, but since it's a hybrid tube bumper, I'll bet the house it's steel and it's probably similar in weight to the other hybrid tube bumpers on Pelfrey's website (~100lbs).

Right. I can see the page announcing the group buy but I can't seem to see the comments unless I log in to facebook. I have also disallowed facebook and affiliates to set any cookies on my browser and so that may explain why I can't see the comments.

It's steel and one of the posts mentioned the weight being 120 lbs with the tall hoop.

Cool. Maybe I'll get one after I bashed up my current one good.

Right. I can see the page announcing the group buy but I can't seem to see the comments unless I log in to facebook. I have also disallowed facebook and affiliates to set any cookies on my browser and so that may explain why I can't see the comments.

Sometimes it gives me trouble on mobile so I have to access it through an incognito or private tab.

How does this compare to the new Demello bumper?

How does this compare to the new Demello bumper?
The Demello bumper is a full plate bumper where this one is a hybrid tube/ plate bumper. With the group buy 15% discount, the Pelfrey bumper is about $1150 powdercoated with a hoop. The Demello bumper with PC is $1774.

Tube bumpers are more for desert running because they're very light weight, but they offer less protection for trail driving (and offer almost no protection against animal strikes like a bull bar would). Plate bumpers are heavier, but offer much more protection. Hybrid tube bumpers are somewhat of a middle ground, although they offer protection closer to that of a full tube bumper.

I am confused. It starts out saying the group buy price is $850 for an unpainted bumper, then goes on to say $1000 official price. Then there is a list of percentages off depending on the number of orders. Will it go below $850 if enough orders are placed, or is that the lowest it could possibly be?

I am confused too. What do you get for $850?
How much shipping would be to Midwest or east coast?

I am confused. It starts out saying the group buy price is $850 for an unpainted bumper, then goes on to say $1000 official price. Then there is a list of percentages off depending on the number of orders. Will it go below $850 if enough orders are placed, or is that the lowest it could possibly be?

I think $850 is the price for a basic (no hoop), unpainted bumper AFTER the 15% acquired from the group buy after 15 people sign up for the pre-order. They are at just over 10 people based on the last update last week, so the discount is at 10%, or $100 off.

I am confused too. What do you get for $850?
How much shipping would be to Midwest or east coast?

You have to contact Pelfrey for a shipping quote.

Thanks GXMac, I wasn't sure how they were arriving at the prices/applying percentages. Things like this make me wish I still lived in San Diego!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom