PDF of Windshield install from FSM??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joseywales

Renaissance Redneck
Threads
As stated, does anyone have a pdf of the windshield install from the fsm that will show the requirement for adhesive/urethane between the glass and the gasket? Mine was replaced at a nationwide glass shop with a life time warranty but leaks like a sieve and they are giving me grief about taking it out and re-installing it properly. Just want some ammo to stick it to them. Thanks!

it's simple.

take it back to the shop.

explain you have a water leak. demand a refund if it's not repaired, so that you can find another shop.

If that doesn't get results, send it to the nearest Lexus dealership. IME they will be able to fix it, or can sublet to a glass shop that can do it right.

Question: does the screen have a black ceramic coating around the edge? If not, it isnt the correct screen for the job and the adhesive wont seal. Take it back to them or take it to your dealership

The thing that usually goes wrong with such installs is that they don't understand that the adhesive has to be applied to BOTH sides of the gasket.

Ask them if they put the adhesive on one side. If the answer is yes, there it is.

"I" know how it should be installed correctly, and how to deal with the shops owner. The question being asked was does anyone have a FSM they could post the instructions from so I can SHOW the shop. Thank you kernal, that link should do it.
I called and spoke to the owner, instead of the manager of the glass shop, and he is now coming in on Saturday to seal it properly himself. The sealant should be put in the gasket before the glass, but I can't leave it with him
long enough to re and re the glass. They can only do it Monday to Friday, and I use it for work every day. So, hopefully this will seal it up for a few months till the rain stops for the few weeks that pass for summer here on the rain coast:). Then I will look at re and re.

In post 4 above the link is to a windshield install. if you goto post 9 in that thread, the PDF is there, and also a little further down. I can email it to you also if you PM me your email addy

Thanks for the info about post 9. The shop owner became quite reasonable when I pointed out that I didn't care who did what, but that my windshield with lifetime warranty was leaking and it has his companies warranty sticker on the glass. Deal with it or I will get upset. We don't want that in a small town with lots of choices for glass nearby. I tend to let lots of people know if somebody screws me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom