PCV Oil Catch Can Filter Install Bracket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Mudders!
Recently moved from an 80 to 100 series multi-valve turbo in both. Having had excellent success with an oil catch can on the old high mileage motor I am looking at where to install one in the 100.

For reference I am using Repco PVC Filter which is basically a copy of the provent. I have had a look but seems no one here has made a thread about how they installed one. A couple of small in line ones but not these units.

Does anyone have one of these installed and would like to post a photo? The only place it will fit is right beside the intake heater, beside the brake fluid tank but making a bracket to hold it in that position does not look easy. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. On the 80 I have a top mount intercooler and I hung it from the support steel for the cooler in the same location.

FWIW: There units are the bee's knees. After thousands of km's on the 80, the outlet side of the unit is completely dry. This ensures the intercooler stays dry (oil coating reduces efficiency) and keeps things clean in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom