pbr brakes... anyone replace their master cylinder? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1978freebornred

78 fj40 LE and 79 fj40 LE w/ stock ac
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
before the shaking of the whole cruiser the brakes used to not engage until half depression of the pedal the booster works half of the time because it gets a real hard pedal half of the time theres a hiss when the booster doesnt work the front brakes where replaced by po but that is a yr ago the rears i dont know when the shop i took it to for inspection of the brakes said they needed it but also everything but the front discs... the suspension is fine ive redone most of it it drives great down the road until i brake.

The cruiser has started to shake completely when i brake i checked the rotors to see if they where warped and notta so the calipers are gripping wierd with air in the lines as the problem i suppose anyway...

has anyone used pbr brand brakes i have never heard of them before i am replacing my mastercylinder because 2 shops that i have taken it to have said it needs done by driving it in their shop for inspections and tires and im looking at autopartswarehouse.com you put in the year make and such and it finds it im not sure as to go with the 90 dollar pbr or the 153 beck arnley.

Hissing means vacuum leak, which would also explain your loss of assist. I would guess bad internals in the booster if it's intemitent. I had one which had no vaccum leak until you depressed the pedal. I drink PBR but haven't used their brakes...

has anyone used pbr brand brakes i have never heard of them before i am replacing my mastercylinder because 2 shops that i have taken it to have said it needs done by driving it in their shop for inspections and tires and im looking at autopartswarehouse.com you put in the year make and such and it finds it im not sure as to go with the 90 dollar pbr or the 153 beck arnley.

Yep. I ran this PBR master for years on my BJ40 and had no complaints about the quality:

BrakeMasterAftermarketPBR.jpg

And here is the original AISIN:

BrakeMasterOrigAisin.jpg

The only difference I could see is that the PBR had completely separate reservoirs whereas the AISIN used two separate chambers within the same reservoir.

:cheers:

PS. My "low fluid level warning system" could only work with the AISIN master though (as you can see).
BrakeMasterAftermarketPBR.jpg
BrakeMasterOrigAisin.jpg

that must have started in 79 my 78 doesnt have the low level sensor the painless harness i put in does but it doesnt why did you replace it? just for the sensor?

that must have started in 79 my 78 doesnt have the low level sensor the painless harness i put in does but it doesnt why did you replace it? just for the sensor?

I found a kit for the original AISIN master so I reconditioned and refitted that one at the same time as I overhauled my booster.

Yeah. I wanted to get the low-level warning light operational again ... But regardless of that, I am always fond of running original ex-factory components whenever I can.

But I ran the PBR master for many years without experiencing any issues and I still have it somewhere in my box of spares.

PBR has been sold widely in Australia and New Zealand for a considerable period of time.

:cheers:

PS. The low level warning light may be just due to my cruiser being "Australian Market".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom