Patrol blog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am working on my second G series early Patrol out Colombia (along with my FJs). I really like the Patrol the more I learn about it. I really like the 4.0 liter 6 compared to the legendary Toyota F engines. The Patrol engine has more torque and is much much smoother. The transmission/axles and "ergonomics" (if you can say there are ergonomics in a old truck??) are better in the Toyota.

The Patrols have a loyal following in Colombia and supposedly monsters offroad. They certainly never die with plenty of beat up examples still running the mountains today.

Here is my 1979 LG-60 I brought to the US earlier in the year and sold. It was Hemming's staffs pick of the day and a super nice truck. Medium wheelbase. Awesome left hand drive Patrol.

photo.JPG

Current Patrol I am working on in Colombia to be exported to the US and is sold already. This was an amazing find as it has 68,000 miles and original owner since 1977. 1977 LG-60. Has original tools, jack, owner's manual etc. Good condition Patrols are harder to find than the Toyotas. Both were used for commercial work but more so the Patrols. Again if you have never heard a Nissan 4.0 six start up and idle you really should. This one is getting a soft top and a light overhaul. If anyone wants one I am bringing in the best ones for low $20ks to mid $35ks. They are certainly under appreciated in the US but once people see them in person they absolutely love them. The blue one won a prize at a local car show.

IMG_4786.JPG

I wouldn't mind driving one of those. I used to have an MK before. I was hooked from day 1. I plan to turbo charge mine and put a lift on it soon. I have had my current one for about six years now. I have no plans to sell anytime soon.

Cool. The only issue I have for the early series Nissans is that the front bench is tight for taller drivers. Technically I would have to put some kind of buckets in. If you are over 6 feet tall forget about it.

The pre 1980 models have a 3 speed non syncro with a dump truck clutch. Takes a while to master but is 'fun'. The later 4 speed shifts very well actually smoother than the Toyota 4 speed.

The main draw is the ugly/handsome looks and the super smooth big six.

One of my buddies has a 69 L60 with an H260 rear axle and a Mark's 4WD five speed. It just hides in his garage for years on end, I cannot remember the last time he drove it. It is a really cool machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom