Wanted patina'd freeborn red PS fender apron (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a weathered passenger side fender apron that would be a good replacement for this blue one to generally match the patina of the truck??

ideally would trade but willing to buy... truck is a 66 lpb - I don't know that the year really matters, just thinking a patina driver

thanks

20170510_194050.jpg

The support brace changed after 66.

Nice looking cruiser / i love rigs with lots of patina! Have you thought about misting that blue one with a little red paint and gray primer & some sand paper effect... you could probably create fairly decent patina without too much effort ( that is unless you score a good replacement... ) oh, & you should think about flipping that headlight bezel over so the fat part is up......just saying.

Last edited:
Mark thanks for posting - i'll check out the bracing to see if it looks like a post 66 apron anyone might have will work

swamp-thing - yes I'll likely try to manufacture a patina-like finish if I can't find one... am getting one of awltech's latest run of tailgates for this so would need to do something on that end too (unless that pushes me over the edge toward painting the whole thing)

oh, and of course I'll get the bezel flipped... at this point just happy to have it out of storage and giving it some attention after being tucked away in storage for years

I parted a red '64 twenty odd years ago. Don't remember what happened to the aprons. It's ALWAYS easier for me to remember to look for stuff when someone leaves a VM at the shop. And it almost always bristles me when they PM because I see the majority of the PMs when I'm NOT at the shop and just forget by the time I get there.

Thanks for the VM. It was on top of the pile in the first box I pulled down. Karma.
IMG_1175.JPG

Just pulled asurvivor '69 hood down off the rack last week to put up for sale. Color for comparison.
IMG_1176.JPG

Karma indeed! looks to be the right part - my only question would be how well the color would mesh with what I have... looks almost maroon in the pic. Hoping that is indeed freeborn red instead. If so I definitely want it.

I'll call to discuss, but if you are happen to be online and post back in this thread I'll see that too. thx Mark

left you a message... you must have been posting second pic at the same time as my last post. Looks good - I want it thanks

Mark - just left you another message today but got long winded and cut off so thought I'd post too in case you see this... I'm sending you the blue apron in anticipation of trade plus whatever $ you need to make it worth your while. If you let me know in time I can include a check with my apron otherwise I can paypal or can send a check once you know total $ for your time plus shipping. thanks

eric 515-231-two zero six three

reviving this thread... in talking with @65swb45 the apron he found is MIA so I'm still looking unless that one somehow floats to the top of his pile

anyone else have one that might work?

btt... anyone have one? Absent that, please buy something from Mark A so he has to go digging in his stash and might come across where he put the one he has (somewhere)

thanks!

id still like the aprons mark if you come accross them!!
I did my best a few months ago to gather up all my ap Eric. No luck.
1625887903717.jpeg

How much for that fine specimen of a hood Mark?
I don’t know why I haven’t been able to find the ad but, believe it or not, I am offering THAT hood for $100. No shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom