Patina Appreciation: Show Us Your Rusty Land Cruiser! (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is number one sons barn find 55 a little fluid film and a whole lotta elbow grease.

68715A11-4159-416D-899B-4FA6DAAA7AC8.jpeg

... no one at the dealership seem to have a clue.

It would be an unusual dealer that did, in my experience. The parts department of the small (and small-town) dealer closest to me knows what mine is; no others have a clue. Drove it to the biggest dealer in several counties car shopping with my daughter once and a salesperson comes out, walks around it, and says "I didn't know Toyota made a jeep!"

It would be an unusual dealer that did, in my experience. The parts department of the small (and small-town) dealer closest to me knows what mine is; no others have a clue. Drove it to the biggest dealer in several counties car shopping with my daughter once and a salesperson comes out, walks around it, and says "I didn't know Toyota made a jeep!"
Did you walk out right then and there once he said that

Did you walk out right then and there once he said that

Actually, my response was "Yeah, they call it a Land Cruiser".

We didn't buy a car from there.

Last edited:
I'm looking at a receipt, from my Toyota dealer Service Center, that describes the vehicle as a '75 Toyota Rav4.
🤢🤮🤮🤢🖕

I know I sent a picture of my 40 to the dealer that sold it new. I don't know what I was expecting. I guess I thought they might have gotten a little excited or something, but for a dealer it's more of a transactional business. It's tough being a romantic.

I'm being a little harsh a few years ago while at a different dealer a salesman did come out and knew exactly what it was.
IMG_20150815_090244395_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150815_090828013.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom