Passenger Wiper Inoperative 91 FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys.

My passenger side wiper arm will no longer move. I attempted to tighten the nut but it was very tight already.

I searched this 80 series forum and did not see any posts about it, has anyone encountered this problem?

I'm guessing that maybe the spindle is worn down or perhaps a linkage issue? Anyway, I'm grateful it's just the passenger side so far.
Looked under the hood and did not see any large access panels, just for the wiper motor. So do I need to access the linkage from under the dash?
Thanks in Advance,
Marco

Last edited:
wiper

Not sure about the 91, but my 93's DS wiper quit working the other day. There is a cover that needs to be popped off the base of the wiper, there is a nut under there that was loose.

Might be the same for you.

Good luck.

I'd assume the linkage is under the cowl, with the motor.

-Spike

Not sure about the 91, but my 93's DS wiper quit working the other day. There is a cover that needs to be popped off the base of the wiper, there is a nut under there that was loose.

Might be the same for you.

Good luck.

Are you speaking of the horizontal vent/grille cover?
Where did you pry it from? I didn't realize that it just pops off.
This is good news. Just a little leary of damaging the metal base.
Thanks.

He was talking about the nuts that hold the wiper arms on, which you stated you already tried to tighten. There are plastic caps on them originally.

-Spike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom