Passenger side soaked floor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day,
93 LC woke this morning realized wet front passenger side floor, I have a sunroof.

I cant find any moisture above the carpet.
I checked a 1/2in black line for clog clear!
There was a plug in the floor about 1/2 in I removed it because there was standing water there.

Any ideas. I dont think it is sunroof

I hope this doesn't come across as mean or snarky, but did you search? There's a new thread on this issue every week it seems like. Other than sunroof, the windshield is a common culprit. There is supposed to be urethane adhesive on body and glass side of the windshield gasket. Many shops skip this step when they replace windshields and then it leaks. Also, there are a number of grommets in the firewall that can get old and cracked and allow water intrusion. Less common but also a possibility is cracked or deficient body seems and worn window seals on the doors, or clogged drains in the rocker or bottom of doors. HTH. Next time, search first, ask later!

As mentioned above, if the windshield has ever been replaced that's a common culprit. If you parked on an incline or off-level surface (side to side) and it rained, that's another possible cause when the sunroof drain pan overflowed. If your door panels have ever been removed (to work on the window, motor, tinting) and the vapor (water) barrier has been torn and not repaired, that can also allow water into the cabin. Are there any stains on the headliner or A pillar?

Search terms: passenger floor carpet wet leak

As mentioned above, if the windshield has ever been replaced that's a common culprit. If you parked on an incline or off-level surface (side to side) and it rained, that's another possible cause when the sunroof drain pan overflowed. If your door panels have ever been removed (to work on the window, motor, tinting) and the vapor (water) barrier has been torn and not repaired, that can also allow water into the cabin. Are there any stains on the headliner or A pillar?

Search terms: passenger floor carpet wet leak
I found the leak it is a dry rotted piece of plastic that cracked leaving a 1/2 in hole into the headliner. From what I researched the part is discontinued it is held in with 1 Philips screw in the top of sunroof I believe it is a guide rail cover.
Not sure what to do!

Well, this won't help you if you want to use your sunroof - but I caulked mine shut. I have a roof rack and never use it anyway. It was worth it to me to not worry about water intrusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom