Passenger side Parking Break cable seized up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

supdizzle

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi Everyone,

For whatever reason the passenger side parking break cable has completely seized up, Can't move it at all from the rear wheel, other side is fine.

My question is, has anyone replaced one of the two parking break cables and how much of that center console needs to be removed to access the cables attachment to the parking break... I know removing the cup holders gets access to tightening the nut, but not enough to remove the cable.

Any guidance would be great.

Bump to the top.. any help on this?

I suspect you are in for a lot of work. IIRC there is only one adjusting nut at the brake lever, but it quickly splits into two cables that exit the transmission tunnel and run along the inside of the frame rails. I'd have to give it a look but this may require fuel tank removal to R&R the bad part.

Same problem on my 80.. i have not torn into it yet but i suspect the problem is within the rotor hat with the shoe..

Was able to complete the job in about 3 hours with new parking brake shoe replacements on each side. Getting above the fuel tank required some creative thinking, but in the end we prevailed. I finally have a fully functional parking brake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom