Passenger side door lock knob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am searching for a passenger side door lock knob for my 72 FJ 40. SOR.com does not carry the part. Any good leads? One on ebay but looks like it survived Hiroshima barely. Attached is a pic of my driver side knob.
fullsizeoutput_1e2e.jpeg

Thanks,

Rod

If anybody wants to 3D image these I can print them ... very VERY cheap $1 -$2 if that

The cost it is to reimburse some material

I just can’t take on new projects

I can eventually do it ... but... you do not want to wait that long ... I was eventually going to hook up my fog lights ... took about 20 years :meh:

Lol

I am searching for a passenger side door lock knob for my 72 FJ 40. SOR.com does not carry the part. Any good leads? One on ebay but looks like it survived Hiroshima barely. Attached is a pic of my driver side knob.View attachment 1889466

Thanks,

Rod
If anybody wants to 3D image these I can print them ... very VERY cheap $1 -$2 if that

The cost it is to reimburse some material

I just can’t take on new projects

I can eventually do it ... but... you do not want to wait that long ... I was eventually going to hook up my fog lights ... took about 20 years :meh:

Lol

saw this earlier today

I have never seen one before on mud or ebay , that may say something or not ? o_O

NO Affiliation .........

FJ40 FJ45 Front Door Regulator Lock Knob Toyota Land Cruiser 1963-1974 | eBay

I am searching for a passenger side door lock knob for my 72 FJ 40. SOR.com does not carry the part. Any good leads? One on ebay but looks like it survived Hiroshima barely. Attached is a pic of my driver side knob.View attachment 1889466

Thanks,

Rod
My driver side door lock knob was( is) broken since maybe a decade.
Searched couldn`t find one.
I use only the little screw to open the door .... works fine
... who needs a ****ing knob :)
Cheers

DSC00807.JPG

DSC00808.JPG

DSC00809.JPG

DSC00810.JPG

you could look for a newer ambulance door lock knob. It looks to be the same knob. I don't know if they still exist either but it could help broaden the search.

you could look for a newer ambulance door lock knob. It looks to be the same knob. I don't know if they still exist either but it could help broaden the search.

you can only buy a complete door lock....

136fi-big.jpg

....don´t ask me how I know :)
( was my search about a decade ago don`t think Mr. Toyota changed anything... meanwhile)

Last edited:
Both mine are broken, but it doesn’t really bother me. I’d think that’s common on both fronts. I’d think there would be a market for a 3D printed version for a couple bucks. Once the price goes beyond that, I’d go back to not being bothered.

A couple weeks ago I was puttering around and decided to figure out a way to make some handles to replace the long ago broken and lost ones to the door locks.
I was digging around and came across some leftover plumbing stuff where I founds some plastic wing nuts and bolts like these.
wingnut.jpg
I drilled a hole for the set screw and they fit snugly over the lock post.
They are dark gray and look pretty good.
Red Green ain't got nothin on me.

A couple weeks ago I was puttering around and decided to figure out a way to make some handles to replace the long ago broken and lost ones to the door locks.
I was digging around and came across some leftover plumbing stuff where I founds some plastic wing nuts and bolts like these.
View attachment 1891737 I drilled a hole for the set screw and they fit snugly over the lock post.
They are dark gray and look pretty good.
Red Green ain't got nothin on me.

If you dont´t like the look of the original naked Toyota screw on your door lock would use a longer screw
mono03688903-180112-02.jpg

and a piece of a rubber hose( search the color of your vehicle :)....or use black)
rubber-hose-pipe-500x500.jpg

and fix it . :)

If someone wants to do this, I still have a couple of NOS knobs I’ve been hanging on to for my vintage fleet.
1A33F69C-D688-495A-9EE5-C98099DBCBF0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom