Passenger side coolant drain plug access? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hate to hijack but where are you sourcing your red coolant from? My dealership quit selling it and only has premixed pink. I am hesitant to use it after reading here...
This is what I use. It's red/pink in color and it's available for $14.99 a gal at Meijer. It's the same ingredients as the Toyota red. If you want the concentrated Toyota red, then eBay is your best bet pricewise.

20200628_140435.jpg

IMO flush with distilled water no matter what. Any residual is not going to affect anything.
When I flushed with my garden hose, I opened the petcock on the bottom of the radiator and flushed until it was clear. I repeated the process with the drivers side drain plug. Then triple flushed with distilled water, before I filled up with coolant.

I can't stress enough. Avoid adding any water not demineralized. Even if triple flushing afterwards.

Guess I'll be going with the Prestone for now.... Local dealership refused to order red at all. Said he would have to order 50 cases to get any.

Guess I'll be going with the Prestone for now.... Local dealership refused to order red at all. Said he would have to order 50 cases to get any.

That is ridiculous. I went to one of my local dealerships this morning and bought 2 gals of both red and pink Toyota coolant. Do you have another Toyota/Lexus dealership close to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom