Passenger seat rattles a lot, ideas on how to fix? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.studio7designs.com
My passenger seat rattles a lot when doing easy driving. Its almost like its kind of loose and its really quite annoying, rest of car does not rattle.

Anyone have any idea on how to refurbish or fix these seats? It's almost like it needs to be taken apart and some rubber bushings put into place.

Any ideas on who I could bring seats to get fixed, or anyone fix this issue themselves?

Thanks

Mine used to rattle as well and I discovered it was the upper/ back portion of the seat. I decided upon the most upright position I would ever need the back to go, then I cut 2 small metal shims/spacers and placed them into the gap in the "hinge". A little spot weld on each side and now you can jam the back up against the spacers at a normal angle and it eliminated the rattles. Yay.

I might take mine to an upholsterer and see if they can take it all apart and add a bunch of rubber bushings... its the only thing keeping this truck from being a pleasent smooth ride.

Hey guys, just a quick heads up. I called around and it looks like most decent auto upholstry places can 'refurbish' these seats for not much money at all.

They also can do like a vinyl seat repair, which is very cost effective, if your seats are not fully torn up...

for maybe $350 you can get 'every' seat all rubberized and tack welded to stop rattling and have the leather refurbished to looking new.

Very cool!

Hi! I know it's an old thread, but did anyone find a solution for this? Any help would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom