Passenger seat rattle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any one fix this? The seat bolts are tight but it rattles around on the rails like no tomorrow.

Clack

There's a slight rattle at the hinge but the main rattle comes from the back of the seat rails sliding and bouncing.

Here is the only 'fix' I know of...:p
I have the ProCar seats in mine and they rattle too. I was a bit dissappointed after throwing down the dime, they are noisier than my stock seats.

Mine rattles as well. I am getting ready to replace the seat foam, so I'll look at it closer when I have the seat apart.

I never have them anything but all the way back so maybe I'll just JBweld the rails into place. :shrug:

I have the ProCar seats in mine and they rattle too. I was a bit dissappointed after throwing down the dime, they are noisier than my stock seats.

Very bad news... I have not purchased them yet but they were/are on the radar.

My passenger seat rattles from the bracket joining the back to the lower seat...
SeatBushing.jpg

There seems to have been a bushing or something there to provide a snug fit and mute the metal on metal rattle. Mine has quite a bit of play in it and every little bump gets the rod bouncing around in the hole. I was going to invest some time in fixing this but then decided to replace the seats since the welds on the driver's seat bracket gave way as well. I have the 'detroit lean' going on and I'm not even trying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom