Passenger seat Accessory bracket ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Land Speeder

InstaH8R
Threads
Been searching on here and the innernets in general. Does anyone have a decent suggestion for an accessory bracket that attaches the the passenger seat bolt(s)? I have a laptop stand that I need to secure, and for now, I have it attached to a cinderblock, LOL! And sadly it's tipping over. I can fabricate to a certain extent, but ultimately i need to have a bracket that this stand can attach to and be able to unscrew it from the bottom when someone is sitting in the front seat (rarely).

Thoughts? Anyone know a bracket to buy?

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 9.02.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 9.03.15 PM.png

Ram Mounts has tablet and computer mounts that attach to the seat mount bolts. I have one mounted to the passenger inner front floor bolt for my tablet. Very stable and secure. They also have a two bolt mount that is even more secure.

Ram Mounts has tablet and computer mounts that attach to the seat mount bolts. I have one mounted to the passenger inner front floor bolt for my tablet. Very stable and secure. They also have a two bolt mount that is even more secure.

I couldn't find any that fit the 100 though? Do you happen to have a P/N or pics or anything?

Any of such can be deadly at a most unexpected situation which should have never happen, just my 2 cents. I won't surprise if any of those cause a law suit against owner and/or manufacturer.

Any of such can be deadly at a most unexpected situation which should have never happen, just my 2 cents. I won't surprise if any of those cause a law suit against owner and/or manufacturer.

You mean, like a gallon of milk sitting in the seat on the way home from Walmart? Deadly at most unexpected situation?
Please sir, wash those pants. They're pissy.

I couldn't find any that fit the 100 though? Do you happen to have a P/N or pics or anything?
You can see it in these pics of pmy fire extinguisher mount. Admittedly, did have to make the bent flatbar piece that goes under the seat bolt which the bracket mounts to. I'll supply a part number momentarily.
20190802_180739.jpg
20190802_180739.jpg
20190802_180527.jpg

You can see it in these pics of pmy fire extinguisher mount. Admittedly, did have to make the bent flatbar piece that goes under the seat bolt which the bracket mounts to. I'll supply a part number momentarily.

@badlander THANK YOU! If nothing else, I may fabricate a bracket, but seeing the pics helps me visualize it!

Base:
Ram Pod HD
Part#: RAM-316-HD-18-202U

Tablet holder:
Ram Tab-Lock Holder
Part#: RAM-HOL-TABL20U

Security Knob Set
Part#: RAP-S-KNOB-316HD

I can take more detailed pics with the tablet mount in place if you like.

Thank you @badlander I believe the numbers and your pics are enough to give me an idea!
About the only detail pic I desire is prolly that bracket that you had to make?

The bar is 1/4 x 2. The end is ground and the bolt head is also ground for clearance so the seat track can slide forward over it. There is also a spacer under it so it will put mounting pressure directly on the seat mount surface, not the formed seat track flanges. Note also that the Ram base bracket was modified by cutting off a section on the bottom, the end towards the seat.

20200918_150707.jpg
20200918_150736.jpg
20200918_150908.jpg

I'll try to get pics, the RAM mount that you are showing is capable of fitting without any fabrication of parts, it's just installed a bit backwards to make it work.
>> that being said the above setup looks much nicer.

NICE work!!! I think I will duplicate that idea!!!

Can just flip it around without having to add any parts.
>> This will limit the seat from sliding all the way up, but that doesn't happen too often.

KIMG2767.JPG

Can just flip it around without having to add any parts.
>> This will limit the seat from sliding all the way up, but that doesn't happen too often.

View attachment 2439336
Yes, that works well too, good job. I was just afraid someone (not me, of course!) would jump in there and ram the seat into it and mess up the seat mechanism so I tried to make it as "seat safe" as possible.

Yes, that works well too, good job. I was just afraid someone (not me, of course!) would jump in there and ram the seat into it and mess up the seat mechanism so I tried to make it as "seat safe" as possible.

Good call, to be fair I have slid the seat forward about 100 times because I'm a dumb ass and it's fine. Kind of maxes out right as it hits the mount.

You mean, like a gallon of milk sitting in the seat on the way home from Walmart? Deadly at most unexpected situation?
Please sir, wash those pants. They're pissy.
lol, fun aside. Good enough side impact will throw front passengers over the stuff in the middle. Any metal pieces inside the cabin are potential killers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom