Passenger front window tilting - well this isn't cool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Noticed last weekend that when I would roll up my front passenger window, it would tilt forward slightly and not correct itself unless the door was opened and I physically lifted the front portion of it while someone hit the switch. I have yet to pull the panel and verify, but I'm suspecting the linkage is either damaged and needing repair, or will need to be replaced completely. I'll check Partsouq tonight to see if they're even available, but if not, has anyone had any luck repairing the linkage at all? Without seeing it yet my first thought is one of the plastic rollers has gotten misshapen or is in the process of breaking completely.

The party never ends....

Convert them all over to manual regulators. Some guys here have done it. The 62 (and 60) interior is just narrow enough to be able to reach the passenger window crank and adjust that window while driving. I did it countless times in my 60. The only window crank you can't reach while driving is the rear passenger window but that window never needs to be rolled down anyway.

Convert them all over to manual regulators. Some guys here have done it. The 62 (and 60) interior is just narrow enough to be able to reach the passenger window crank and adjust that window while driving. I did it countless times in my 60. The only window crank you can't reach while driving is the rear passenger window but that window never needs to be rolled down anyway.
I had considered that in the past, but since researching my electrical refurbs and correcting a bunch of old wiring design issues, I think the power windows are worth keeping in my case. I'll just have to make sure I don't roll down the passenger one in the meantime....

My driver side window does this in my 60. My regulator is obviously almost completely toast. If I slam the door too hard or hit a hard bump the window will drop. Part of the issue is the flocking on the weather seal is gone and the rubber is hard so the glass grips as it’s rising or dropping. Not sure what’s happening in the 62 electric window mechanisms, however.

My driver side window does this in my 60. My regulator is obviously almost completely toast. If I slam the door too hard or hit a hard bump the window will drop. Part of the issue is the flocking on the weather seal is gone and the rubber is hard so the glass grips as it’s rising or dropping. Not sure what’s happening in the 62 electric window mechanisms, however.
My flocking is less than a year old, and the front windows (hadn't done the back yet) worked far better than before with the new stuff, but suddenly the front passenger one started having this trouble. I worked late today so didn't get a chance to pull off the door panel. I did look online a bit and I'm hoping if I can finagle the linkage out (as long as I can support the window so it can stay in the door) and replace the rollers in it. I'd love to source some delrin rollers, but I'm not sure how much luck I'll have there. On the other hand, the nylon ones have lasted 33 years (if they're even actually broken. I haven't verified that yet).

My flocking is less than a year old, and the front windows (hadn't done the back yet) worked far better than before with the new stuff, but suddenly the front passenger one started having this trouble. I worked late today so didn't get a chance to pull off the door panel. I did look online a bit and I'm hoping if I can finagle the linkage out (as long as I can support the window so it can stay in the door) and replace the rollers in it. I'd love to source some delrin rollers, but I'm not sure how much luck I'll have there. On the other hand, the nylon ones have lasted 33 years (if they're even actually broken. I haven't verified that yet).

bad nylon roller

you got it dan .............

Rather than start a new thread, I'll ask in this one: Have any of you successfully removed your regulator linkage while leaving the glass supported in place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom