Passenger Airbag Off Indicator After Android Head Unit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2007 LC, installed a PX6 Android HU from Phoenix Automotive and followed guidance in this post to jump additional wires to the passenger airbag /seatbelt indicator harness - https://rrcs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041046611--98-07-LC100-and-LX-470-Installation

There are no error codes and the dash SRS light is not on, but when an adult passenger sits in the front seat the airbag is indicated OFF. If I apply weight to different parts of the seat I can get the airbag to go ON but it appears that once enough sensors are hit it goes to OFF.

It is a new LC for me only had it a couple of months and I don’t have confirmation that this was entirely working with the factory HU although I can reinstall to test.

Bad sensor? Calibration? New HU wiring or related?

Appreciate any guidance on where to direct my troubleshooting.

it's because the integration panel is missing from the stereo install, or the two wires needed aren't in the aftermarket stereo however it's integrated to the stock wiring. The airbag ECU can't go through it's self checks, so it sets the light.
Nothing you can do will fix it and promise you the airbag would activate in an event. I can't say for a fact that it's disabled 100% when the light says it's off.

If you feel like putting a resistor across the purple and blue wires at least you could get the ecu controller to believe it's there. Then it will activate in an event for sure. You can search the pros and cons of resistors in steering wheels and seatbelts online.

violet and blue/black. PAON and OFF very few LC and LX have this, all 2007 and middle 2006.
1602077808759.png

The additional wires you added are reversed. Switch them at the 5 pin connector. Additional info here:

It's not where you are pushing on the seat but the weight you are putting on the occupancy sensor that is triggering the on/off light. I had the same issue and then realized that the light was operating the exact opposite of how it should - displaying "off" with heavy, adult sized weight and "on" with light, child sized weight on the sensor.

Last edited:
it's because the integration panel is missing from the stereo install, or the two wires needed aren't in the aftermarket stereo however it's integrated to the stock wiring.
Looks like these tesla systems can pass-thru that signal from the center cluster integration panel.

The additional wires you added are reversed. Switch them at the 5 pin connector. Additional info here:

It's not where you are pushing on the seat but the weight you are putting on the occupancy sensor that is triggering the on/off light. I had the same issue and then realized that the light was operating the exact opposite of how it should - displaying "off" with heavy, adult sized weight and "on" with light, child sized weight on the sensor.

That worked like a charm thanks!

Thanks for all of the info! Looks like my additional wiring was reversed on the 5-pin connector. Not surprised it didn’t come prewired on the harness from Phoenix Automotive if this is unique to 06 and 07 models

it appears... probably a resistor lol
This is interesting however, if the airbag light still works... This actually answers a question you and I discussed 2 years ago, whether or not the center cluster integration panel does any converting of the signal from the airbag ecu before reaching the light. Seems like we might have the answer now which is that it doesn't... But only if the airbag pass indicator still works.

Thanks for all of the info! Looks like my additional wiring was reversed on the 5-pin connector. Not surprised it didn’t come prewired on the harness from Phoenix Automotive if this is unique to 06 and 07 models
Glad it worked.

This is interesting however, if the airbag light still works... This actually answers a question you and I discussed 2 years ago, whether or not the center cluster integration panel does any converting of the signal from the airbag ecu before reaching the light. Seems like we might have the answer now which is that it doesn't... But only if the airbag pass indicator still works.
Right - seems to me center integration panel is just passing the signal. I suspect the OP's SRS was working properly once he added the additional wires between C34 (LX) and the 5-pin connector (IG6, I believe). It's just displaying the wrong indicator due to the wires being switched.

Last edited:
We talked alot about it. Hard to remember everything. But yes it passes through to the light. But you can't just directly connect those two from the c28 (LC) to the light side, passenger five wire. Something happens between in the board. I tried many ways to bypass this. Nothing but the included panel worked. Never got to a resistor try or other not so elegant ways.
Lots of info in the non nav thread

I just purchased a 06' LX470 that had the Phoenix Android unit already installed. My airbag light just started blinking slowly and wont go off. Reading through this i'm still a bit confused to reversing the 5 pin connector, as I havent been behind the radio etc to really understand what you are referencing. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks all!!

I just purchased a 06' LX470 that had the Phoenix Android unit already installed. My airbag light just started blinking slowly and wont go off. Reading through this i'm still a bit confused to reversing the 5 pin connector, as I havent been behind the radio etc to really understand what you are referencing. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks all!!
That sounds like a different issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom