PartSouq for parts for my 95 L.C. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone ordered form them recently ?? Are they still a reliable and viable business in Dubai??? I need to order a part and may wait till after the holidays and was wondering if it is worth saving $50 bucks plus the sales tax. Thank you in advance for answering my question

I ordered in October, 2021. My experience was typical. About a week for delivery. They did drop an item I ordered saying is was no longer in stock, and refunded me. I'm guessing that happens on occasion.

Is that recent enough?

that is pretty recent , I will probably wait till the first of January to order unless I hear from members on here that tell me otherwise !!!

Over the span of 4-6 weeks back in Oct/Nov this yr, I spent ~$4500 in 11 separate orders with magnitudes more individual qty parts. I maybe had 2-3 items refunded because they were no longer available.

Packing is almost too careful/overkill. Shipping is even speedier than the USA based Toyota parts counters (air v ground). I hope partsouq continues to keep up the good work. Gl!

Last edited:
Just be aware that you may have to pay exorbitant customs fees if it's an expensive part, offsetting any savings. I believe the technical threshold is $200.

Yep, I have done quite a bit with them over the last couple of years. The only issue is as someone mentioned above, surprise part drops and refunds on items that showed in stock. It had only happened to me once until the last couple of orders, where it has happened again. The issue is that they don't stock (all / most ?) parts themselves, they have agreements with dealers / warehouses who do. The inventory is not updated in real time, but in batch (I assume nightly). So you can order and pay for something that shows in stock, but in the processing time it takes them to pull and ship it, the dealer could have sold or used it. Less of a problem when they were only taking a day to process, more now that events of the world have them taking a few more days. Would not be a big deal, except I always try tp batch parts together to save on shipping. Buy a grille, and the shipping on it would essentially cover a bunch of smaller light items also. If the wrong part is dropped from your order and you pay shipping on all the little stuff, it could really cut in to your savings. In general though, I could receive parts from them faster than a dealership in the same state. For the last couple of months, I have been mostly buying small stuff from my local dealer so I know it is stock in the US and I can have it next day or two as I try to get my project running. They like me now, I only pay list, they took me off matrix... :rolleyes:

One other thing, if you are concerned about such things, there were some comments about non-US sellers using "slave labor" in another thread. I made a comment about not having been too worried about this in Dubai and was told I might be surprised. Going down the rabbit hole of online research, what I found was that a lot of the jobs there are done by immigrants , and that as things kind of collapsed around the world over the last few years, they were the ones to suffer as they lost jobs and there was no safety net for them. Can't say this is the situation with PartSouq, nor judging it, just throwing out some info I recently learned. Maybe someone on here that lives in the area can comment, might be an interesting off topic thread.

Jason

Over the span of 4-6 weeks back in Oct/Nov this yr, I spent ~$4500 in 11 separate orders with them with magnitudes more individual qty parts. I maybe had 2-3 items refunded because they were no longer available.

Packing is almost too careful/overkill. Shipping is even speedier than the USA based Toyota parts counters (air v ground). I hope they continue to keep up the good work. Gl!
I ordered my stuff in (mostly) in August and September. I shopped mostly with Megazip, but used Partsouq too. A few parts were cheaper via domestic (like the wire harness). Stuff that came from Japan was the fastest. UAE was good too.
Note: one credit card zapped me for a foreign exchange fee that negated the savings. My other cards were "free"

Just be aware that you may have to pay exorbitant customs fees if it's an expensive part, offsetting any savings. I believe the technical threshold is $200.

I forgot, I did get one order held because it flagged a motor vehicle import law. I had to fill out some of the paperwork as if I was importing a vehicle. All anyone could tell me is that some parts, usually safety related like brakes and bumpers, can trigger those flags.

Jason

I paid $60 in customs fee on a ~$1900 partsouq order for a steering gear and pitman arm.

Ordering the same parts even without sales tax would've cost me $3100 from a USA Toyota parts counter.

The best T parts ordering strategy is multipronged v single sourced. YMMV.

Last edited:
I’ve ordered probably $8k worth of parts from them over the last few years. Just placed another order over the weekend. Even with shipping across the pond, its still cheaper than most US-based suppliers/dealers for most parts.

And as somebody else noted, I’ve never had any concern or issue with parts damage during shipping because they pack everything incredibly well. Here’s a hood insulator they shipped me. It was sandwiched between 2 sheets of plywood and as result was unscathed during shipping!
A77FD5BF-0292-4AC6-9FEA-6DC724BD1C94.jpeg

after seeing how your package was delivered I think they will do fine with mine when I chose to order it the first of the year.

I've done > 200 parts across 5 orders with them over the last few months. Can confirm better prices and faster shipping than most U.S. sources and can also confirm stellar packing of everything so it is not damaged during shipping. For stuff that is not in stock at Partsouq, my go-to is Online OEM Toyota Part Superstore | OEM Genuine Parts - https://oemgenuineparts.com. The site is not as good as Partsouq, but if a part is orderable on that site, then there is a very good chance you will get it eventually. Unlike ToyotaPartsDeal or ToyotaPartsOverstock which let you order, but then email you a week later when they realize they can't fulfill the order. Various Toyota dealerships fulfill the orders on OEMGenuineParts and the prices are discounted when compared with walking up to the parts counter at my local dealership.

Just ordered the long brake tubes from OEMGenuineParts, but the fulfilling dealership wouldn't ship them because they were too long to safely ship via UPS/FedEx, so I needed to order them from my local parts counter. The price was double, but at least I got them. I don't think there are many left.

Here r some additional examples supporting my multipronged OEM T parts sourcing strategy:

04111-66061 is an engine kit from the 105 series available through partsouq which is ~$180 cheaper than the same kit for the 80 (04111-66036) sourced at a competitively priced USA based T parts counter. --> W for partsouq

36410-60050 is the TC actuator. Partsouq says not available. Amayama says yes available. Boch Toyota says yes available, but $300+.

Not local to me USA based T parts stores will not ship a short block (didn't even bother to get a quote from partsouq). However, my local LA dealer who seems to have the quickest access to the Toyota parts depot will price match and store it for me + deliver it to a local shop of my choosing at no extra charge --> W for my local T parts guys

I used to buy from McGeorge, but they charge CA sales tax whereas Boch Toyota does not. I miss Norwalk. :D

Always been good to me. Considering the distance, items get to you pretty quick.

I’ve ordered probably $8k worth of parts from them over the last few years. Just placed another order over the weekend. Even with shipping across the pond, its still cheaper than most US-based suppliers/dealers for most parts.

And as somebody else noted, I’ve never had any concern or issue with parts damage during shipping because they pack everything incredibly well. Here’s a hood insulator they shipped me. It was sandwiched between 2 sheets of plywood and as result was unscathed during shipping!
View attachment 2870440

Yup! They are pretty good with their packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom