Parts to stockpile in anticipation of decreasing availability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had my 100 series for about a year now and read this forum regularly for some time before I purchased my LC. It is my impression that the list of OEM parts that are no longer available for the 100 series is gradually increasing, which shouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone.

I plan to drive my 06 LC indefinitely, all the while performing necessary maintenance and repairs on my own. Have you identified any particular OEM parts where there is not a good aftermarket substitute and you have concerns over the future availability of these parts?

For example, I would snag some OEM seat covers in a heartbeat if I could go back in time a couple years and hold on to them for use at a later date. Another example of a part that may warrant stocking up on, at least at some point, would be front axles. There appears to be widespread agreement that OEM front axles are the best option for most people. However, I'm not aware of any supply issues with OEM front axles, at least at this time.

If this thread takes off, I will do my best to check in from time to time to update this post. I couldn't find an established thread covering this topic through my searches, but if there is such a thread, I will update this post to reference that thread.

Better to spend your money hoarding 40 and 60 series parts...even if you don't have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom