Parts to scavenge off truck being junked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I may have an opportunity to grab some parts off another 22RE 4x4 pickup in the next week. Starter, alternator, air flow sensor-any other suggestions? It has a recently "blown" engine-not sure exactly that means in this case. I'd probably pull the stereo and perhaps the bench seat because it looks better than mine. I think it's a '95 because of the high brake light in back. The side mirrors are slightly different from those in my '92.

The whole truck. :D

Not a bad idea, but the wife and neighbors wouldn't approve.:D It appears that the original owner used it to launch boats as the frame is quite rusty.

I want in on the mirrors if there electric or just the right (passenger) if there chrome $$$

So, this is NOT a Tacoma?

Man, I would sure appreciate it if you would grab the cup holder for me ( : That is the one thing in my interior that is broken LOL!!!

Let me know if that is possible and I will pay you for your troubles.

Juke

Ignitor!

Grab the whole thing. Even the blown motor is worth $300 as a core.

So, this is NOT a Tacoma?

Man, I would sure appreciate it if you would grab the cup holder for me ( : That is the one thing in my interior that is broken LOL!!!

Let me know if that is possible and I will pay you for your troubles.

Juke

Definitely not a Taco. How do I pull it without busting the thing? It must be simple but.... I've already looked at doing this on yet another Toy that was a rollover but still runs. The running truck (92) has the V-6 and auto, with 116K miles. So, there may be two for the taking, in which case I'll get one for you.

Cookie, Pretty sure neither truck has the chrome mirrors. I've already grabbed a plastic trim piece off one that was missing on mine. Will take another look though.

Definitely not a Taco. How do I pull it without busting the thing? It must be simple but.... I've already looked at doing this on yet another Toy that was a rollover but still runs. The running truck (92) has the V-6 and auto, with 116K miles. So, there may be two for the taking, in which case I'll get one for you.

Cookie, Pretty sure neither truck has the chrome mirrors. I've already grabbed a plastic trim piece off one that was missing on mine. Will take another look though.

Thanks man. I appreciate the offer. Just let me know.

If you can't keep the whole truck, ditch the frame and sheet metal, Toyotas take up a LOT less space that way. I would get:All clutch/brake hydraulics/pedal assembly/trans/case/plumbingAny EFI parts that I was allowed including the tankIFS rear axleIFS parts in good shape (cv's etc)Headlights, tail lights etc.Interior doodads that I've seen broken in my or other peoples toysSEATS!SeatbeltsWheels/tiresAs many spare metric bolts as I could pull in time allottedGrill partsThis stuff would take up no more than an 8x12 tarp if carefully planned.

Finally got into the rig today and scored the tool bag with all tools, owner's manual, cup holder, swapped my bench seat for a better one and also all the seat belts, except the best one because a bolt head was rounded off and I didn't have enough tools. Popped the radiator cap and received an oil/coolant hand wash. The owner was considering driving the rig a short distance in this condition, but I'll suggest that this isn't a good idea. Then, I can grab some engine parts. The manufacture date is 11/94, so it's considered a '94. No AC or power steering on this one.
Jukelemon, now that I know how to remove the cup holder I'll look into getting the other one for you.

If you can get a title at 116k miles everything ex motor is like brand new, if you cant well then, theirs ways round that.

moral of the story is keep it.....the whole thing!

11/94 that'd be a 95

is it registered a 94?

very un usual

Yes any vehicale manufactured after the sixth month is con siderd the following year model, but could be a split year production.

My mistake on the year. Manufacture date was 11/93 and the owner's manual says 1994. It does have the high brake light though, and I thought '95 was the first year for this. A few things seems to be different from my '92, such as the coil/ignitor assembly, the master cylinder and some electrical connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom