parts swap for the e-brake? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I have a 65 that I am dumping the F, 3speed and t/c out of and going with a SBC 350, TH400 and a 4speed t/c. All of the old stuff is toast and I got the newer stuff for near nothing. My question is.... can I reuse the parking brake assembly off of the 3speed t/c with my 4speed t/c? I bought the 4speed off of a mudder and it didn't come with any of that. Also, can I use the vacuum shifter off of the 3speed on the 4speed t/c? I have engine, tranny, and an Advance adapter for the transfer case so I am set there, just trying to tidy up all the ancillary stuff. Thanks!

Yes on the Vacuum shifter. I did on my F w/3spd to 2f w/4spd swap. Had to extend the shifter rod that runs along transfer case to shifter by a couple inches. Along with swapping the vac. shifter parts.
I think you can on the E-Brake but not 100 percent on that one. Might be a difference in splines.

The issue with the e-brake will be the driveline bolts. Patterns and stud sizes changed in '63 (IIRC), '68 and '74. The later, the better (bigger). But if you have an early brake drum and matching drive lines - you should be able to bolt it right up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom