parts sources of Nissan SD-33 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
okay, so it's not a toyota motor, but I may put it in one, so I figured I could ask about it here....

I found a Nissan SD-33 for 200 beans, and it is complete, with the exception of the head. Anyone know where I could get a head for it? how about a rebuild kit? Is it impossible to find parts for these guys? i don't have much experience with them yet, but I know they came in Jeep airport tugs and some International Scouts, so they aren't too uncommon....

thanks!

- doug

okay, so it's not a toyota motor, but I may put it in one, so I figured I could ask about it here....

I found a Nissan SD-33 for 200 beans, and it is complete, with the exception of the head. Anyone know where I could get a head for it? how about a rebuild kit? Is it impossible to find parts for these guys? i don't have much experience with them yet, but I know they came in Jeep airport tugs and some International Scouts, so they aren't too uncommon....

thanks!

- doug

They are very common in oz and were fitted to the early 80s MQ Patrol. Rebuild kits with new pistons, rings,and bearing are only $1200.
Try the Nissan Patrol forums or put" Nissan SD-33 " into google.There is a wealth of info there.

My recollection is that they were ok until they fitted a turbo.

You should have them in the US in the Nissan Forklifts. I can't remeber if UD Trucks used them but it is worth giving the closet UD truck place a call to find out. They were/are a popular motor around the world. Nissan built them in both Japan and Spain I believe. So getting parts from Europe should be easy if you can't get them locally.

Check out your local international dealer, they came in the scouts in the 80's, not highly recommended for a full size 60, maybe ok for a 40. What you are saving on a cheap block will quickly be lost on a bunch of machine work and parts, best to find a complete good running motor..

Some of the cornbinder forums may have info.. Word on the street is to walk past the nissan older motors..

Not a lot of product support out there, especially if something goes wrong and you are parked til you find the part.

diesel

thanks for the info, and sorry for the delayed response, i've been reading around on the web...it looks like a good motor for an fj40 or a cj or something, and apparently the turbo does like to kill heads. i did find some forklift parts places out there, thanks for that tip, and i'm going to check with an international dealer tomorrow. i definatley want to find out how much a rebuild kit and a head will cost before i go and buy a long block instead of a complete motor, but atleast if i rebuild it i know what was done to it and how many miles are on it....so we'll see....

Try Roodogs on ebay Austalia. If he doesn't have a kit posted he can get you one and give you a quote on it. I hope you can source the head locally or get it rebuild locally. Shipping isn't cheap from Australia. Actually, you may do better on price and shipping getting your stuff from Dave at Japan 4x4. He's one of the vendors here on MUD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom