Parts Pig might join family (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just over a year ago i was going to join my local gliding club, but then i bought my 55 and those plans were put on hold, i was out near the club this morning and i thought i'd drop in and show some more interest in joining and whadda ya know there's an old 55 near the hangar that they use as a runabout etc. they told me all the runabout cars they get there are donated and they drive them until they die then they throw them away, so i said if the cruiser ever dies they can give it to me and i explained why, they said they don't really need a 4wd there and it uses too much fuel so it's not really ideal for them and that i could buy it from them at a price that we agree is reasonable.
it is of course rusted in all the usual spots and been patched, it has ambulance doors, the long skinny tail lights, rounded tops on the front doors so those parts aren't much use to me but there's plenty of other good bits there, like the PTO, bonnet and whatever else.
Also i could perhaps use it as a competiton truck if i want to one day do some comps, or use it as a trail rig and cut the roof off etc.

so.... cool huh?

i have a picture of it but it's on my phone still.

Cheers,
Dan.

Here she is :D

Image015.sized.jpg

i like it a lot :)

That is no parts pig! Usual rust maybe, but it looks great from that shot.

Well i figure it's a good score and i'll rescue it from the ineviatable scrap heap, and swap over some of the good parts on to my good 55, like the bonnet and grille behind the bonnet, and score a PTO winch and another bullbar to choose from.
but as it's a differen't model the front doors, barn doors, and tail-lights are not of any use to me, and i'll agree from this photo it doesn't look too bad, but the roof and all other usual places are rusty. but once i get the bits i want from it i'm not excately sure what i'll do, probaly keep it there under cover for a while and maybe oneday use it, and if that involves doing a roof chop then that's what i'll do cos the roof is in bad shape under all the filler. but it wouldn't be a rough cut and patch as it'd have to be engineered so it'd have to be done properly.
but even so, i don't even own it yet, so i'll worry about that when i get it home, whenever that may be. if i had the money i'd go get it tommorow.
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom