Builds The Warthog - 1977/73 combo (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I changed out the fuel pump too. Got an early model with no return since the carb has no return.

The carb needed rebuilding and with these good $300 carbs now it's just crazy to rebuild OEM and still have to plug all the vacuum ports.

so you do not have a fuel return line? You should...if the carb does not have a return outlet, you should consider using a later pump. you might overpressurize otherwise...

so you do not have a fuel return line? You should...if the carb does not have a return outlet, you should consider using a later pump. you might overpressurize otherwise...

The non emission new carbs don't have a return. Just in input.

I have this setup on my 68 FJ40 and it's doing great.

The 40 tank does not even have vents other than the cap either.

The Pig vents are all in place as is the charcoal canister. It should work even better than the 40.

We shall see. I can always drill some holes in the gas cap if it vapor locks.

Carry on then, pay no mind to the peenut galley...

It's a non return pump.

So, this was a big topic when I put my 2F into my 1968 with no vents or return lines at all plumbed into the OEM tank.

The master Jim C himself chimed in to say no return needed.

don't tug on supermans cape, or spit into the wind. don't mess around with that junk yard dog and you don't ever doubt cruiserJim...

Excited that my Humped hood and new fenders are getting boxes up from Mike at Cruiser Corps.

These look pretty good. Plenty good for the Parts O Pig

IMG_7173.JPG

IMG_7174.JPG

IMG_7175.JPG

IMG_7176.JPG

IMG_7177.JPG

Geez Louise...Cruiser Corps has a maroon pig too?

I finished up the engine bay today. I took out the battery and tray and overflow bottle and really cleaned up the area. I treated it with Rust Spray and put it all back in.

IMG_7211.JPG

IMG_7213.JPG

My engine Bay turned out superb.

All new hoses. A new belt. OEM filters. Gaskets. PCV. Vacuum lines. Carb. Monster fuel filter. Cheapo battery. Brake booster. Brake master. Clutch master. Plugs. Wires. Thermostat. New oil filler cap. New radiator cap.

All ready.

IMG_7219.JPG

@Glennmerkel sent me the worst vent tube on the planet after I told him I needed one 3 hours before he shipped out for 4 weeks. (Free)

I polished the turd and mounted it up today. Thank you sir for sending it.

IMG_7212.JPG
IMG_7217.JPG

Finally we started fooling with the electrical today

It's odd. At one point everything worked. Then. Nothing did. Then some did.

IMG_7225.JPG

The fuse box was nasty nasty.

IMG_7226.JPG

I got it all clean and reinstalled with new fuses and now my headlights and blower don't work. Everything else does.

Maddening

IMG_7227.JPG

Some times ypu have to do that when it's free. Looks real nice now though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom