Builds The Warthog - 1977/73 combo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's mine :rofl:

TLC posted that on IG as the nicest 74 he'd ever seen. I pointed out it was mid 77 or up due to doors.

Then I realized "someone" that lived in Cali likely needed it to be Pre 75 so I shut up.

When I got the 77 the passenger seat mount was gone and floor was hacked out.

IMG_6770.JPG

I cut the 73 floor out and replaced the mount and the floor. I'm not sure this mount will work on my 77 seat. It's off at the upholsterer

IMG_6771.JPG

IMG_6772.JPG

IMG_6773.JPG

IMG_6775.JPG

img_6771-jpg.1458740

the video cut of the spacetime between ^^^that point, and this point
img_6773-jpg.1458744

would be priceless...I thought I was the only asshat who used a grinder to cut floorboards in cut-off cammies and sandels:flipoff2: you right coasters ain't to far off'n us west coasters...kinda like the fine line between hippies and hillbillies

TLC posted that on IG as the nicest 74 he'd ever seen. I pointed out it was mid 77 or up due to doors.

Then I realized "someone" that lived in Cali likely needed it to be Pre 75 so I shut up.

fxxxing brilliant.

Mini truck booster, City Racer spacer and Aisin master going in

Had to trim the internal rod as short as I could adjust the C bracket up the rod.

IMG_6790.JPG

IMG_6791.JPG

I did the exact same except used the oem mini spacer and a 4runner master with the OEM pig reservoirs. had to trim about 1/4-3/8" off the pedal rod IIRC...Minitruck boosters are a great resource for TLCs. my 62 has one as well. don't forget the inline minitruck booster check valve. those things are getting harder to find. I paid like 40 bucks for a used booster, but 20 for the used check valve...did you install the booster inverted? Looks like you did...

I did the exact same except used the oem mini spacer and a 4runner master with the OEM pig reservoirs. had to trim about 1/4-3/8" off the pedal rod IIRC...Minitruck boosters are a great resource for TLCs. my 62 has one as well. don't forget the inline minitruck booster check valve. those things are getting harder to find. I paid like 40 bucks for a used booster, but 20 for the used check valve...did you install the booster inverted? Looks like you did...

So it's upside down? s***. Does that matter?

What check valve? Ugh.

don't sweat it...let me peel the crud out of my eyeballs and I'll go look at mine...IIRC, I had to mount the booster inverted- it isn't concentric IIRC- so by inverting it, the master didn't interfere with the carb linkage or intake manifold. the check valve holds unused vacuum in the booster giving you the oomph for the next power assist ( vacuum builds assist pressure and the check valve stores it; you use it when you hit the pedal; whole cycle starts again...without the check valve, you will have zero assist when the engine is under low vacuum power. the check valve mounts inline between the nipple of the booster and the intake port. standby for pics...

Inverted mini booster with 4Runner master and prop valve from a 90?94 maybe. Check valve inline. Be sure you have some gap between the booster to master push rod- they need to be adjusted if you didn't know...
IMG_2171.JPG

oem spacer( not bolted to firewall ATM)
IMG_2172.JPG

Prop valve as it was hooked up
IMG_2173.JPG

Reason to inverting is the concentricity of the booster bolts vs the booster input nub thingy as seen here.
IMG_2174.JPG

Hth

@Racer65 Japanese NoN Smog carb came in.

If you remember my oil was full of gas. Two ways that happen. Bad fuel pump or bad carb.

I tossed parts at it instead of rebuilding and desmog issues.

This carb bolts right up. Eliminates the return fuel line (which I was able to donate to @ntsaint ) and there is only one vacuum line input from the distributor.

IMG_6797.JPG
IMG_6801.JPG

This is for oem front disk with oem fzj80 rear disk without LSPV and works ggggerrate

You move fast man! UPS tracking shows the parts were delivered yesterday.

Thanks man. It took about 3 revolutions of the idle screw and it's all smooth.

I'm going out of town for a week and it was a great feeling getting the brakes bled and the carb tuned in before I left. I was able to give it a little fresh air. My wife even came up to inspect the progress.

IMG_6842.JPG
IMG_6844.JPG
IMG_6845.JPG
IMG_6846.JPG
IMG_6848.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom