Parts not painted? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve searched for hours but can’t seem to find it all. what parts are NOT painted on a 70 FJ40? Hood hooks? Windshield hooks? Rear door latch? Spare tire latch? I had my hood latches re zinc’d and was going to send the others in too but just not certain which. Thanks .

I painted my hood and windshield hooks, spare tire and rear door latch as well as all hinges in the body color. I used yellow zinc hardware even though the hardware would’ve been painted originally. My reasoning on that was adjustability after being painted; and I like the contrast. I painted my mirrors/arms in the same pewter as I used for interior stuff.
I made a jig for the hood/windshield catches to stretch them out for painting so I didn’t miss any spots. I also cut off the tab for the rubber bumper on the hood latches. I don’t think zinc would look bad on the catches, but I know some think it makes it look more jeep-ish.

I painted my hood and windshield hooks, spare tire and rear door latch as well as all hinges in the body color. I used yellow zinc hardware even though the hardware would’ve been painted originally. My reasoning on that was adjustability after being painted; and I like the contrast. I painted my mirrors/arms in the same pewter as I used for interior stuff.
I made a jig for the hood/windshield catches to stretch them out for painting so I didn’t miss any spots. I also cut off the tab for the rubber bumper on the hood latches. I don’t think zinc would look bad on the catches, but I know some think it makes it look more jeep-ish.
I actually prefer them painted so that’s perfect. Was planning to have it all painted in pieces and then assemble for the same reason. Goes into body and paint next week finally. Appreciate the feedback

Post lots of pics!

I made a jig for the hood/windshield catches to stretch them out for painting so I didn’t miss any spots. I also cut off the tab for the rubber bumper on the hood latches. I don’t think zinc would look bad on the catches, but I know

Post lots of pics!
Will do. I started a thread before but just don;t update it.

After you replied, I went and realized I’ve read all your thread and commented on a few of your post questions. Ha! I’m on this forum way too much obviously. Can’t wait to see it painted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom