PARTS HELP! Source for Air Filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need an air filter for a 1 barrel carb. 68 to be specific. According to SOR's web site, these are discontinued. Are these not the same air filters as the 3/69 and forward? Are there any parts guru's or 1 barrel owners who might know where I could buy a few.

SOR---- AIR CLEANER 1BL-1958-2/69 DISCONTIUED

Thanks All!

I run the standard paper element of the 69-74 in my 681bbl air cleaner, and I sold a half dozen of them to IDAVE for his 68 air cleaner, and I suppose I would have heard from him by now if there was an issue! ;p

Not sure what to make of the SOR reference. :confused:

trekker, are you asking about the entire filter housing and all, or only the element of the paper type? The housings, both for paper and the oilbath types are discontinued. They're around though, and you might try cruiserparts.net in New Hampshire (?).

there should be a WIX filter that fits your needs. also pretty sure Toyota still carries them(the filter that is)

Thanks folks for the info. I was led astray by SOR's catalog mentioning that the:

012-01A-E
AIR CLEANER 1BL-1958-2/69 (1BBL) OEM(Discontinued-No longer available)

is discontinued. My EPC starts at 3/69 and I thought I was out of luck with getting the "1 barrel" air filter. I called SOR and they said that the same filter element for the 3/69+ would work and their website was incorrect. As luck would have it, at my dusty NAPA parts store, they had 2 WIX filters.

I AM still looking for the top for my air filter housing and a few gaskets.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=47604

MARK! I'll take the top for the 67 air housing that you offered. Do you still have it?

Yup you just gotta call me at the shop, where I keep my post-it notes. There's WAY TOO MUCH going on the bbs for me to keep track of. I can't make it to half the forums I did a few months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom