Parting out my 79 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, the time has come... I have to sell off my restoration project. Im moving to a new house (First home buyer!!!).. anyways this was a project I started last year in the name of my grandfather who passed away last year. With the change in living situations, I cant bring this with me. All of the proceeds from these parts will be going towards an FJ60, so my intentions will move on to this new project, and one I can better approach with my new living quarters. I have every part available to you guys. The larger parts (frame, hard top top part, etc.) I would prefer of course to not ship, but can if you really need them.

Since it was intended to be a frame off, I have everything in pieces. The 40 was very complete. I am only missing the emblems and a few other ancillaries. Most of the stuff dealing with sheet metal is rusted, but can be fixed or patched. The hard top sides and ambluance doors need some work, but work great for a regular beater I guess. I have the bad stuff in photos, but all of the running gear is first rate. Some of the small parts... well it was waay too time consuming to take pics of them all. I have a bunch of pics though if anyone needs them. Here is a list of what I have so far:

Part     Photo?   Rating     Asking Price         
Interior    

Steering Column   y   10   85
Dash switches.   y   10   75
Seat Belts (Front)   n   7   75
Roll Bar Pads    n   10   25
Roll Bar n 9 125
Pedal Covers   n   8   10
Gauge Cluster (1)   n   9   50/ea
Jump Seat Belts   n      
Ashtray    n   10   10
Glove Box Door   n   10   10
Rear Heater and wiring harness   n   9   75
Grab Bar over Glovebox n   7   10
Front Heater   n   9   40

Exterior          

Hood    y   6   125
Hood Rest Pad set- New  n   10+   15
Hood Latch, Side Pair-New  n   10+   20
Fuel Door    n   9   5 (10 with key)
Rear Tire Carrier   y   8   50
Front Bumper (Con Ferr) y   8   100
Wiper Motor   y   9   35
Ambulance Doors (2)   y   6   100/set
Hard Top Side Righty   8   75
Hard Top Side Left   y   8   75

Underhood/Running Gear          

Speedo Cable   n   10+   20
Heater Fan… Needs Resistor   n   8   50
ignition coil and ignitor   n   10   50
Motor Mount Kit-New   n   10+   45
Radiator    y   7   40
Carb Fan    y   9   40
Flywheel    n   8   30
Fan shroud   n   8   20
Radiator Supprt    n   8   20
Clutch Master Cylinder   n   9   20
Shocks    n   7   25
Leaf Springs (Full Set)  y   10   100
Carburetor (Holley 350)  n   8   40
Distributor    y   8   50
Gas Tank    y   7   100
Frame    n   7   200
Fan and clutch   n   9   20
Alternator   n   8   20
Starter    n   9   20
Ubolts and plates   n   9   20
Intake Manifold with heat risery   7   25
for headers         

I have to sell this stuff quick to raise money for my FJ60 purchase. I do give preference to those who come by. If anyone has a ballpark figure for what they may want for the whole shootin' match PM me and I can set that up as well!

Thanks,
Rob
Here are a few pics I guess...

ANYways, I have a bunch of pictures and have noted on the first post whether I have a picture of a part.

Note: some of the parts have been restored and are already packaged and sealed in plastic bags.

:cheers:

Rob

I would be interested in the front seats.
Do you have 1 or 2 grey jump seats.
Any other pictures of front seats or jump seats.

Thanks

Pinion,

I'm interested in a few of your parts, but have a couple of questions first. I would be interested in purchasing the hood pad set, motor mounts, washer reservoir, fuel door, and possibly your driver and passenger doors. Could you please email me at den_beaulieu@yahoo.com

Thanks

Dave

Hey Dave, sent you email. :)

Didn't know if you got my e-mail.
Curious about shipping seats?
Could you break them down for UPS
Also wanted to know if you had any other photos of the front seats?

Thanks

Ahh, I got your email. I thought I replied. :doh: I dont know if they can be broken down but I will see. I will take some more pictures of it tonight for you.

i DID NOT SEE THE BIB, DO YOU HAVE A GOOD BIB? aLSO HOW ABOUT P/S - i NEED SOME FACTORY P/S HOSES.

OOOPS.

Sorry about the caps lock.

:doh:

The bib I have is rusted at the bottom. I have seen them repaired though. A repair panel is available online. The rest of it is in great shape.

How much for the defroster ducts i.e. the ones that go from the blower to the def vent?

Where are you located? I am interested in the top

Pinion,

I am interested in the carburetor and any emissions switches that you may have. Are they in working order? I am also interested in the lower dash pads, specifically the one beneath the glove box (I need one that is in really good condition). Please let me know and send some pics if you have any. Thanks,

Chris
cwheron@yahoo.com

Pinion,

Interested in both F and R driveshafts for my 3-spd to 4-spd conversion. Still available? I'm in CA, zip is 94608 if you can figure shipping.

Brian

I am interested in both axles and drive shafts. i am in vermont and can pick up. i may be interested in some other stuff

Otis,
The Carb I have is a Holley, not the stock Aisin. I dont think I have any emissions switches. The only thing I do have is the carb cooling fan switch, and I purchased it from someone else...not sure if it works or not.

[quote author=rapovt link=board=5;threadid=12256;start=msg114270#msg114270 date=1078316216]
I am interested in both axles and drive shafts. i am in vermont and can pick up. i may be interested in some other stuff
[/quote]

Hey Gary!
Sent ya a PM.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom