Parting out 72 FJ40 F engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is not an add but a question. I have placed a classified add in the "PARTING OUT" section on IH8MUD offering parts from my F engine that I am replacing. Mostparts are like new (Long sad story I won't bore you with). I have views but no Inquiries. I wanted to make these parts available to my fellow Cruiserheads. But it appears the F engines are so unsupported and in the past that this stuff is junk and will never be wanted. Am I correct? If anyone goes and looks at my add. "PARTING OUT 72 F ENGINE, 3 SPEED TRANSMISSION, TRANSFER CASE, ASSESSORIES" did I do something wrong in my add? This is my first time in the classified adds.

This is not an add but a question. I have placed a classified add in the "PARTING OUT" section on IH8MUD offering parts from my F engine that I am replacing. Mostparts are like new (Long sad story I won't bore you with). I have views but no Inquiries. I wanted to make these parts available to my fellow Cruiserheads. But it appears the F engines are so unsupported and in the past that this stuff is junk and will never be wanted. Am I correct? If anyone goes and looks at my add. "PARTING OUT 72 F ENGINE, 3 SPEED TRANSMISSION, TRANSFER CASE, ASSESSORIES" did I do something wrong in my add? This is my first time in the classified adds.
Now that I know about it I will go take a look. I have a 73 F. I do find it a little difficult to find things sometimes.

Post a link here to your ad. It's usually ok with the mods if the items are unique and may be desired for restorations. ( I could be wrong though)

I find the “parting out” section doesn’t get as much traction either as the normal engine classifieds.
It may be people are interested in your parts but expected shipping makes it unreasonable.

Hard to get money from an F engine with known issues. I looked at your thread, you'll likely sell the individual items you have listed (alt, intake, dist, etc), but you will likely be giving away the short block and head. People that ask money for these old engines usually sit on them for a LONG time. If they do sell them, the buyer will likely experience buyers remorse eventually. I've got 2 F engines in my garage that I picked up from a member for free. I would have had a third for free had I had room in the truck! Not trying to take any wind out of your sails just giving you an opinion based on your questions above.

No wind taken from my sails. Thank you for your input. It's pretty much what I expected. Really was hoping to help out a fellow cruser head who might need these parts (pistons, crank etc.). I would be glad to give the engine away if someone needs it. I probably will wait a few more days and then pull the F engine from the vehicles and take it to the scrap metal yard.

As you can surmise, I am new to the classifieds. My add is in Parting Out under:

PARTING OUT 72 F ENGINE, 3 SPEED TRANSMISSION, TRANSFER CASE, ASSESSORIES​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom