Parting out 2 FJ60's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ40Jim

The Cruiser Whisperer
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.tlcperformance.com
Guys,
There are 2 silver FJ60's here that need to go away. Both have rusty frames & bodys, though both look good from certain angles. Between the 2, there may be a couple good doors and tailgates.

Victim #1- my 1986 silver FJ60 parts truck. It is already missing seats, carb, ignition, radio, lock cylinders, AC compressor, various other small bits. Has bad knock in engine, has bad LR axle shaft & bearing.

Still good & available: new looking radiator, new dashcover, switches, glass, stock wheels, power steering, power disc brakes, tranny, transfer, shafts...

Victim #2- customer's 1984? silver FJ60 parts truck. Currently intact, but the customer is getting the excellent engine, complete w/ all accessories. Radiator is bad, seats are ratty.

Good & available: dash, switches, exterior trim, stock wheels w/ worn 235's, tranny, transfer, shafts, power discs, power steering...

Do not ask me for prices. Show up and take what you need and pay me something fair (half of SOR's inflated used parts price is a good starting point). Any part that does not render the vehicle immobile is immediately available on either truck.

The 84 will be getting the engine pulled next week. Then the carcass will be rolled up onto the trailer. Then the scavenging of sheet metal, steering and brakes can happen.

After the 84 is all gone, the 87 will be drug up onto the trailer and it can be stripped of axles and such. Then its off to the crusher.

I'll try to get some pics for you to drool over.

And we can wait until Octongue has got the new 60, in case he needs something.
And we can wait for Nick to come get octongue's rust bucket, in case he needs something.

Hi Jim,

I need two front doors, some rust if ok as long as they repairable within reason as mine are not worth the effort, they'd be more bondo then door.
I also am looking for the upper lift gate hatch if one is available and in good shape.
Also, my back right door area, where the rocker end and starts into the fender well is pretty bad, would it be possibly to cut out that piece from either two so I can cut out my cancer and weld into place? I could also use parking break gear if you have it as mine is currently inoperable. I have a 62 if that makes a difference. I will have the day off this monday so I could come down if any of these needs can be met. TIA.

Last edited:
If you have the tool roll and the jack out of either (with the stupid crank tool) I would be more than happy to releeve them from you.
Dave

Tools, jacks & handles are MIA.

There might be usable doors there. The doors can't go away yet, need to keep the trucks whole looking until they are ready to disappear. But if you look at them you can have dibs. both trucks are rusty and bondo-ed, so they don't look too bad, but I'm guessing if you poked at the rear dogleg on either body, it would crumble apart. C'mon down and have a look.

Jim,

Yer on the list of people to visit when I collect Octongue's truck. I hope to come up a week or two after he has returned. Will need to schedule with both of you gents when the time draws near.

I have some P51 photos for you too. I can even bring the slide projector and slides if'n yer interested. I've scanned half the slides for you. Does your computer have a USB port on it somewhere? I can give you a thumbdrive with all the image files for your own amusement if so. :grinpimp:

Yep, I wanna chat about FJ60 parts too. Will need to compare my latest prize with your collection and see what I can liberate.

Nick

I am looking for 2 good fenders.....are your toast?
They might be toasty, but they might be something you can practice welding & bondo-ing on, see if they get better.

Nick, LMK when you wanna stop out. We can definitely dump your photos. And you can laugh at the few I took w/ my little digicam.
And you can dig through the FJ60 carcasses for some yummy internal organs.:D

Tools, jacks & handles are MIA.

There might be usable doors there. The doors can't go away yet, need to keep the trucks whole looking until they are ready to disappear. But if you look at them you can have dibs. both trucks are rusty and bondo-ed, so they don't look too bad, but I'm guessing if you poked at the rear dogleg on either body, it would crumble apart. C'mon down and have a look.

Thanks Jim, is there a time on Monday that would work best for you? If so, please PM me you address so I can get some mapquest directions. Thanks.

Ha Jim let me know a weekend that you are free....i can slip up and bring that carrier home. I do not have to do the work at your place:D

Of course i will remove it:p

Moving this info in from another OT thread...:rolleyes:
Cruiser88 gets a rear axle housing (doesn't need 3.70 diff. Doesn't need axles, getting Poly)

Phishtaco gets a complete pair of F&R axle assemblies.

Anybody else, just post it up and I'll get yer stuf before it's melted.
:cheers:

Jim,

Looking to be in CBus Saturday May 10. You gonna be home to maybe sell some stuff? Should have the air show pictures ready for you too.

Sent an email also...

Nick

Nick,
I should be around. Cruisers will definitely be here.
Bring your shoppin list and crescent wrenches, help yourself! :hillbilly:

You don't happen to have any junk german cars laying around, do ya? Looking for some taillight sockets from a deutschewagen.

Also, got some machine work for you to look at.:idea:

You don't happen to have any junk german cars laying around, do ya? Looking for some taillight sockets from a deutschewagen.

Jim,

What are you looking for specifically? My brother drives a '90 BMW 535i and the junkyard we use has a pretty good selection of German vehicles. We're pretty well known at the junkyard too. At one point they threatened to give us timecards we were there so much.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom