part time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
dose any one have this partime kit offered by man a fre and if so how much did it cost to install.

Why do you want part time 4wd?

firetruck41 said:
Why do you want part time 4wd?
lets not start this crap agian...there are a bunch of reason why not to have it.

lowtideride said:
lets not start this crap agian...there are a bunch of reason why not to have it.
OK, that's fair, he didn't ask if he should do it. But judging by his other posts he doesn't fully understand the full time 4wd system/differentials/etc., thought I would save him the hassle if it wasn't really what he was after.

Save money and install your self it's not that hard. I did one a few months ago and it took about half a day. And you get good instructions with the kit

lowtideride said:

Getting a little jumpy too since all he asked was why he wanted it.

There is a weath of knowlege, and probably quite a few arguements on the effectiveness that youll find while searching.

Everyone is soo quick to say "search" rather than just give a quick response to his question. :mad:

And no, I do not have any info on doing this since I like my cruiser how it is :D

I don't know anyone who has actually installed the part time kit but do know that it is a little involved. Removal of the T-case, tear it down put it back together, could run $500 or more. Manefres kit is for the earlier 80 series trucks. I believe if you have a newer, say 93 up, it takes a different kit only available from Marks in Austrailia. The poor mans kit consists of a set of locking hubs, diff lock switch and removal of front driveshaft. Total cost $150. I did this on my 97 and it gained me nothing. No MPG and little driveablity improvement. I would think hard about spending $1500 on the full modification.
Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom