part time

dose any one have this partime kit offered by man a fre and if so how much did it cost to install.

firetruck41

lowtideride said:
lets not start this crap agian...there are a bunch of reason why not to have it.
OK, that's fair, he didn't ask if he should do it. But judging by his other posts he doesn't fully understand the full time 4wd system/differentials/etc., thought I would save him the hassle if it wasn't really what he was after.

lowtideride said:
lets not start this crap agian...there are a bunch of reason why not to have it.
Getting a little jumpy too since all he asked was why he wanted it.

There is a weath of knowlege, and probably quite a few arguements on the effectiveness that youll find while searching.

Everyone is soo quick to say "search" rather than just give a quick response to his question. :mad:

And no, I do not have any info on doing this since I like my cruiser how it is :D

Waggoner5

SILVER Star

I don't know anyone who has actually installed the part time kit but do know that it is a little involved. Removal of the T-case, tear it down put it back together, could run $500 or more. Manefres kit is for the earlier 80 series trucks. I believe if you have a newer, say 93 up, it takes a different kit only available from Marks in Austrailia. The poor mans kit consists of a set of locking hubs, diff lock switch and removal of front driveshaft. Total cost $150. I did this on my 97 and it gained me nothing. No MPG and little driveablity improvement. I would think hard about spending $1500 on the full modification.
Gary

Top Bottom