Part Time 4WD kit for 92? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm out of money, so just playing.

Tried to search for opinions on the Part Time 4WD kit from MAF or Slee, but fatal errored me.

Has anybody done this? It's fairly expensive and seems technically challenging. So, is it worth it?

Spent about $1,600 on stuff this year which is $600 over my budget established by the boss. Next year will be drive shaft rebuild and maybe this.

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Joe

I've done it to my 91 LC and I love the way the steering has lightened up and the front end raises a bit more now on acceleration. contrary to what some people have said, I did see improved gas millage. I'm considering scrapping out my entire vechicle, so if anyone is interested in having part time 2wd, i may sell my transfer case.

is it compatible with a jdm 91 diesel?, if so, im in.

Tried to search for opinions on the Part Time 4WD kit from MAF or Slee, but fatal errored me.

So: If I offered you, say, $20 to come up with a thread in the 80's section with "part time 4WD" in the title, you're saying you wouldn't be able to deliver?

Just asking, for clarification purposes.

Curtis

I don't understand what you're talking about.

Maybe this is not such a hot topic since seems to only be available for early 80's. When I skimmed the "modification" thread in FAQ, didn't see THIS one.

I guess I'm trying to make my own list:
1. 2.5" OME/front axle rebuild- done
2. Drive shaft rebuild - soon
FUTURE
3. Winch (extra peace of mind)
4. Part time 4wd (fix radio and AC)
5. Bumpers
6. Sliders

Simply looking at the drive train, you got engine, transmission, center diff, drive shafts, front & rear diffs, axles. This kit along with some rebuild kits would rebuild and improve all three diffs in one project.

You'll loose the full time 4wd mode (diff feeding diffs), but do you really need this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom